This Friday we’ll sample some of the World Class Pinot Noir growing regions along the West Coast.
From the Willamette Valley in Oregon to the Santa Rita Hills outside of Santa Barbara, Pinot Noir producers are crafting some of the best wines the world has ever seen. Join us for a comparison tasting of these incredible AVA’s (American Viticultural Areas).
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting:
Friday, June 7th, 2013 – 5pm – 7pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weeks selections:
Alexana Pinot 2010 (Regularly $39.99) $33.99 Tonight
- (Oregon) Tangy, focused and juicy, with blackberry, currant and subtle spice flavors, finishing with an open feel to the expressive finish. Shows impressive purity, clarity and length. 94 Points Wine Spectator
Londer Pinot 2007 (Regularly $34.99) $29.99 Tonight
- (Anderson Valley) “Bright, strawberry-like elements merge with the expected varietal themes of ripe cherries and a touch of brushy spice in the nose. These are carried forward in the wine’s rounded, mid-density flavors.” ~ Connosieurs Guide
Lynmar Estate Pinot 2007 (Regularly $34.99) $29.99 Tonight
- (Russian River Valley) This Pinot Noir is clearly fruit driven, hitting the palate with a pronounced sense of balance that glides to a long finish with no hard edges. This vintage was characterized by a broad, lush quality – offering firm structure and lovely concentration without ever edging towards heaviness. Tannins are perfectly ripe, adding structure and grip to a framework that allows this wine to age well.
Melville 2010 (Regularly $32.99) $27.99 Tonight
- (Santa Rita Hills) “This is an especially juicy, yet medium-bodied Pinot built on finesse and elegance. Longtime winemaker Greg Brewer has done a great job with these new releases; the 2010 is simply gorgeous.” ~ RP 92 WS 91 RP 91 WE
Meiomi Pinot 2012 (Regularly $24.99) $21.99 Tonight
- (3 Region Blend) Meiomi gets its fruit from Sonoma, Monterey, and Santa Barbara. The wine is crafted lush, balanced and luxurious. California’s most sought after coastal growing regions brilliantly meld together in this deeply flavored, stylish and truly balanced Pinot Noir.
A REMINDER SATURDAY, JUNE 8th, 2013 ALL WINES ARE 20% OFF.
We hope to see you at the tasting.