Cabernet is the king of the red wine world and we are going to try some Cabs from all over the state not just Napa Valley. We will visit Napa, Paso Robles, Alexander Valley, Mendocino and the Suisun Valley. Most have good scores if that’s of interest to you and one actually won our Silver Oak blind tasting last vintage! You pick out the winner.
Cabernet Sauvignon Wine Tasting Event
Friday, May6th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
CABERNET SAUVIGNON WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- Husch, Mendocino – $22.99 (Glass Price: $10) Concentrated with notes of blackberry, black cherry, chocolate and subtle vanilla. Very rich flavors and nice balanced acidity. Nice long finish!
- Robert Hall, Paso Robles – $19.99 (Glass Price: $9) With a core of black currant and hints of cedar, cocoa and vanilla. Very well balanced with rich, soft tannins. 91 pts Wine Enthusiast
- Contado Mankas, Suisun Valley - $13.99 (Glass Price: $6) Big, lush flavors of cassis, blackberry and spice. Great power as well as finesse. Tremendous value in Cabernet!
- Stuhmuller, Alexander Valley - $39.99 (Glass Price: $19) Aromas of dried plums, black cherry jam and a hint of vanilla. One sip unveils blackberry, dark chocolate and licorice. 91 pts Robert Parker!
- Freemark Abbey, Napa Valley - $37.99 (Glass Price: $17) Starts with a nice hint of chocolate, toasty oak, bay leaf and cedar box. It’s a rich, layered, full bodied wine and a beauty! 92 pts Robert Parker!!
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Purchase 3 Bottles – Save 10%
Purchase a Case (12) – Save 15%
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99