Everyone seems to enjoy these tastings where you can test yourself and find out where your preferences lie without letting labels sway your judgment. There are a lot of similarities here so have fun and good luck.
California vs Australia (Blind) Wine Tasting Event
Friday, May 20th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
CALIFORNIA vs. AUSTRALIA (BLIND) WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- Henry’s Drive Cabernet Sauvignon, Australia - $21.99 (Glass Price: $10) Aromas of warm cassis and blackberry. Flavors of dark cherries and blackberry compote. A ripe, muscular core of black fruits. 90 pts Parker
- Jim Barry Shiraz Lodge Hill, Australia - $21.99 (Glass Price: $10) Lovely blackberry and red cherry aromas followed by hints of black pepper, violets and herbs. Nice savory character with bright fruits.
- Henry’s Drive Cab/Shiraz, Australia - $32.99 (Glass Price: $15) Intense notes of blackberry jam and kirsch along with mocha and a touch of bay leaf. Full bodied and plenty of ripe warm berry. 90 pts Parker
- Eberle Syrah, Steinbeck, California - $24.99 (Glass Price: $11) Ripe flavors of plum, blackberry, mint and underbrush rush the palate. Great complexity and balance. Very bold and well rounded.
- Veedercrest Cabernet Sauvignon, California - $29.99 (Glass Price: $14) Deep layers of berry flavors with nuances of rose petal and herbs. Big, round and smooth textures on the palate. Nice Cab!
- The Pairing Red Blend, California - $24.99 (Glass Price: $11) Bold, savory flavors of dark cherry, smoke, game, licorice and spices coat the palate. Rich, juicy and exuberant. 90 pts Parker
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99