This weekend we’ll get ready to toast the year of 2013, as it comes to a close, and the year 2014’s arrival. We’ll explore the many choices one faces when looking for bubbles to share at New Year celebrations.
We’ll begin with a Spanish Cava and an Italian Prosecco, then move on to Taittinger’s California sparkler, Domaine Carneros. Then we’ll taste a French Premier Cru Champagne from Marion-Bosser, and end with a deliciously sweet Brachetto from Italy.
Should be great fun! Hope you can join us.
El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, December 27th, 2013 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, December 28th, 2013 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $15.00
Naveran Cava 2007 ($12.99 During Tasting)
- “Broad in the mouth with excellent volume and lingering flavors. It is a super value in sparkling wine.” 90 Points – Wine Advocate
Lamarca Prosecco ($14.99 During Tasting)
- A delicate, well-balanced Prosecco, showing a good blend of baked apple, sour lemon and grapefruit, with a lightly creamy mineral texture on the palate. 90 Points – Wine Spectator
Domaine Carneros 2009 ($25.99 During Tasting)
- “A gorgeous sparkler, showing effortless balance. The floral lemon and brioche aromas lead to elegant but complex flavors of creamy raspberry, vanilla and spicy almond.” 93 Points – Wine Spectator
Marion Bosser 1er Cru 2002 ($74.99 During Tasting)
- We have been proudly stocking the Champagnes of this tiny mother-daughter domaine for a couple of years now and have always found them to be elegantly balanced and superbly crafted. Impresses with its subtle sense of power and length of flavor and is a must buy for those who prefer their Champagne very dry.
Stella Rosa Brachetto ($16.99 During Tasting)
- Fresh floral aromas of rose petal and raspberry, Brachetto is a perfect pairing with foods like salads, fresh fruit and cheese plates, and with desserts such as fresh fruit tarts or any chocolate desserts. This is a Brachetto D’Acqui DOCG of superb quality and composition.
See you all this weekend!