Some of our wines are steady sellers because they are customer favorites and we’ll share some of them with you at this weekend’s tasting. What they all have in common is that they are particularly food-friendly.
We’ll start off with a cool-climate Chardonnay and then focus on the reds, with a fruity Pinot Noir from coastal grapes, a highly rated Italian Chianti Classico and an equally high-rated Santa Lucia Highlands Syrah. We’re also featuring the popular Decoy Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon.
Please stop by and enjoy the company of your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will put out another fine assortment of cheeses and other goodies.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, July 11th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, July 12th, 2014 3pm-5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Featuring the “The Old Friends Tasting”
This weekends selections: $15.00
Jade Mountain Chardonnay 2010 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- Napa, Santa Barbara and Sonoma County grapes blended to produce white floral aromas, with flavors of tropical fruits, hints of lemon meringue pie and bright acidity with citrus and green apple crispness.
Meomi Pinot Noir 2012 ($20.99 During Tasting)
- Sourced from Monterey, Santa Barbara and Sonoma grapes, this wine opens up with aromas of ripe berries, fresh cranberry, candy apple and malted vanilla. A hint of Granny Smith apple on first sip balances out the rich cream soda and cherry cola notes. A delicious Pinot Noir.
Brolio Chianti Classico 2010 ($20.99 During Tasting)
- This elegant wine is good for everyday drinking but also lends itself to more challenging food combinations. “This is full of cherry, licorice and deft shadings of oak, matched to a firm structure and rich texture. Balanced and long, with spice and tobacco accents gracing the finish.” – 90 Pts WS
Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 ($23.99 During Tasting)
- This vintage has yielded a lush and appealing expression of Sonoma Cabernet with alluring black cherry and raspberry jam aromas, as well as more subtle notes of nutmeg, spice and chocolate. On the palate, lovely layers of raspberry and plum are supported by excellent structure and seamlessly integrated oak.
Novy Syrah 2011 ($20.99 During Tasting)
- “The inky-colored 2011 Syrah offers up a deep, decadent profile of smoked black fruits, lavender, bacon fat and crushed flowers on the nose. Medium to full-bodied, rich and mouth-filling on the palate, with juicy, integrated acidity, this knockout Syrah is a joy to drink now.” – 91 Pts WA
See you this weekend!