The Sterling Vineyards Tasting
Perched 300 feet above the town of Calistoga, Sterling Vineyards offers panoramic views of Napa Valley from its iconic Greek-islands style white stucco architecture.
Sterling’s 1,200 acres of prime Napa terroir and long-standing contracts with other growers throughout California have allowed the winery to consistently produce quality, creative wines, some of which we’ll share with you this weekend.
We think you’ll find these wines great values as well as lush experiences so please join your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will provide an assortment of cheeses, crackers and meats to accompany these fine wines.
See you this weekend!
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, January 16th, 2015 5pm – 7pm – $20/person
Saturday, January 17th, 2015 3pm – 5pm – $15/person
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Sterling Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc 2013 ($12.99 During Tasting)
- Zesty grapefruit, citrus, fig, and melon highlight this wine in which Napa County grapes were cool-fermented in stainless steel to capture their vibrant personality and older, neutral oak barrels were used for the balance to enhance the wine’s silky texture.
Sterling Vineyards Pinot Noir 2012 ($25.99 During Tasting)
- Aromas of vivid raspberry and subtle oak lead to a plush entry of silky red berry fruit, elegant supporting acidity and a long supple finish. The long Napa Valley growing season allowed time for development of complex flavors.
Sterling Vineyards Meritage 2012 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- A classic blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot from Central Coast vineyards feature flavors of cherry, dark chocolate, black raspberry and vanilla culminating in a full, lingering finish.
Sterling Vineyards Anniversary Blend 2011 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- This wine celebrates the winery’s 50 years in the Napa Valley and is crafted from Merlot, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon and other red varietals as a medium-bodied red blend with inviting aromas and soft, supple flavors of ripe cherry pie, cranberry, black plum and vanilla.
Sterling Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 ($25.99 During Tasting)
- Intense aromas, led by toasty oak and spice, unfold with layers of cardamom, cedar, dark chocolate and anise over briary fruit. Velvety, plush and round, the palate delivers layers of red fruit, brown sugar, and black licorice joined by chocolately tannins that melt into a long finish.
See you this weekend!