The Holiday Head-Start Tasting
Here at Harvest Ranch we listen to voices of our valued customers and recently you’ve been suggesting that we allow you to sample more of the upscale pricier wines that we feature on the shelves of our wine department. We hear you!
However, in order to pour these wines and sell them at discounted prices we’re going to have to absorb increased costs so the price of the tastings will increase slightly to $20, which we think you will agree will still be a bargain given the fine wines, cheeses, meats and fruits that are part of these tastings.
This week’s wines were selected to serve as welcome holiday gifts or perfect fits to your Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Eve dinners and parties during the holiday season.
An elegant French Chardonnay and Bordeaux, two Spanish red blends and a fantastic Chilean Carmenere will be featured this weekend. Several of these wines received 90-plus ratings from critics. Please come join us this weekend.
- Bill Callahan
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, November 7th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, November 8th, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $20.00
Macon-Village Chardonnay 2013 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- Among the top 10 most highly rated white wines from Southern Burgundy is this classic Macon with no use of oak. Bright, vibrant fruit pops from the glass with a nice line of minerality, all enveloped in a textured round mouthful.
Lan Gran Reserva Rioja 2005 ($21.49 During Tasting)
- A blend of 85% Tempranillo, 10% Mazuelo and 5% Graciano featuring an intense minty nose of blackberry, smoke and grilled meats. The palate is medium-bodied with a tarry, leathery entry. – 93 Pts Robert Parker
Le Cadet de Sipian Medoc 2010 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- A tender, mouth-watering Bordeaux aged in oak barrels for 6-8 months. It has a deep color and smooth mouthful and boasts ripe red fruits on the nose. A balanced and opulent French wine with beautiful length.
Celler Vall Llach Embruix Priorat 2011 ($21.49 During Tasting)
- A blend of Carinena (28%), Garnacha (23%), Merlot (17%), Cabernet Sauvignon (18%) and Syrah(14%) featuring a serious nose of peat, nutmeg and ripe dark plums. The palate is full-bodied, with ripe, balsamic flavors.
Montes Purple Angel 2010 ($64.99 During Tasting)
- A fantastic Chilean Carmenere with an intense purple color and distinctive aromas of chocolate and cigar box. A full-bodied, elegant wine with strong black berries and other fruit flavors. – 93 Pts Wine Spectator
See you this weekend!