This week we are featuring an excellent flight of wines that have garnered 90-point or better ratings from wine critics this week to grace your Christmas dinner table or serve at holiday parties.
We’ll start off with a beautifully balanced Columbia Valley Reisling that was included in Wine Spectator’s Top 100 wines of the year. From there we have a luscious Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir, two killer red blends and a heavyweight Syrah.
We think you’ll find these wines to be great values so join your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will provide a tasty spread of cheeses, crackers and meats to accompany these fine wines.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, December 19th, 2014 5pm – 7pm – $20/person
Saturday, December 20th, 2014 3pm – 5pm – $15/person
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Kung Fu Girl Reisling 2013 ($11.00 During Tasting)
- “Clean, fresh and incredibly pure, this cuvee is shockingly good given the price. Lychee, citrus, mint and classic minerality all show here. Medium-bodied, beautifully balanced and finishes cleanly, with integrated acidity and only subtle sweetness.” – 90 Pts RP
Siduri Pinot Noir 2012 ($25.49 During Tasting)
- “Lively cherry and blackberry aromas. Juicy, incisive and gently sweet, offering silky dark berry flavors. Silky tannins add structure and focus with sappy blackberry and bitter cherry notes in the finish.” – 90 Pts Stephen Tanzer
Tenshen 2013 ($23.99 During Tasting)
- “This blend of Syrah, Grenache, Petite Sirah and Merlot that’s brought up in roughly 20% new oak is a smoking value. Showing lots of purple fruits, white pepper and spring flower like nuances, it has terrific richness, sweet tannin and a big finish. –92 Pts WS
Taken Red Blend 2012 ($27.99 During Tasting)
- “A killer Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot blend exhibiting dense purple color as well as glorious aromas of blackberries, blackcurrants, licorice, incense, and a subtle hint of oak. It shows spectacular opulence, a voluptuous texture and phenomenal concentration but no over-ripeness or heaviness. – 92 Pts RP
Soldiers of Fortune Syrah 2007 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- The entry to this Napa Valley Syrah is smooth, lush and viscous. The interaction between the acidity and sense of sweetness is intriguing and the tannins evolve into a long, dense finish.
See you this weekend!