“The Bubbly Tasting”
The year’s almost over and the year-end festivities culminate next week with New Year’s Eve and what goes better with that special holiday than the bubbly.
This week we are featuring a range of sparkling wines that will fit into whatever celebration you have planned starting with our best-selling La Marca Prosecco and a tasty Spanish Cava Reserva. From there we’ll move to the drier offerings including the amazing Gruet from New Mexico (that is not a typo) and Tattinger’s Domaine Carneros and a 90-point rated Brut Rose from Schramberg.
We think you’ll find these wines not only tasty but also great values so join your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will provide a tasty spread of cheeses, crackers and meats to accompany these fine wines.
See you all this weekend!
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, December 19th, 2014 5pm – 7pm – $20/person
Saturday, December 20th, 2014 3pm – 5pm – $15/person
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
La Marca Prosecco ($14.49 During Tasting)
- Pale, golden straw-colored sparkly with full texture and persistent bubbles. Fresh citrus with hints of honey and white flowers on the nose and flavors of ripe citrus, lemon, green apple and touches of grapefruit. Terrific in mimosas.
Mont Marcal Brut Cava Reserva 2010 ($12.99 During Tasting)
- Pale yellow Spanish Cava with a nice bubble stream and notes of yeast on a fruity background of ripe apple, banana and pineapple on the nose. Good palate with a slight sweet touch, balanced, fresh, elegant character.
Gruet Blanc de Blancs ($15.49 During Tasting)
- A long-time favorite of our customers who know the story of the French family that fell in love with New Mexico, yes, New Mexico, and are growing high-quality grapes. Abundant aromas and flavors recalling sweet apples, pears and citrus. This wine offers a pronounced classic toastiness with accents of roasted almonds and minerals.
Domaine Carneros 2010 ($25.49 During Tasting)
- Tattinger’s Napa farm club produced this intense and elegant bubbly that features lovely aromas of pear, golden apple, honeycomb, lemon zest and brioche which lead to a very round palate and a long silky finish.
Mirabelle Brut Rose ($27.99 During Tasting)
- A specially crafted blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay from Schramsberg’s select Northern California cool-climate vineyards, this dry rose has a lovely light salmon color, a big, sweet kiss of strawberries, and touches of raspberries and currants. The wine is medium-bodied and very frothy. – 90 Points Wine Advocate
See you this weekend!