Kick off the New Year Tasting
We’ll start off with a cool-climate Monterey Chardonnay and then move into the reds starting with a lovely Pinot Noir from Santa Barbara. A Napa Valley Merlot, a 95-Point rated Argentine Cabernet Sauvignon and a Napa Syrah will round out the tasting.
We think you’ll find these wines great values as well as lush experiences so please join your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will provide an assortment of cheeses, crackers and meats to accompany these fine wines.
See you this weekend.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, January 9th, 2015 5pm – 7pm – $20/person
Saturday, January 10th, 2015 3pm – 5pm – $15/person
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Monterey Vineyards Chardonnay 2013 ($12.99 During Tasting)
- Cool-climate fruit was 100% stainless steel fermented, producing a vibrant and refreshing fruit-forward profile bursting with flavors of pear, elderberry and acacia blossom. Crisp acidity and pronounced minerality shine throughout the palate.
Pali Huntington Pinot Noir 2012 ($19.99 During Tasting)
- One of Wine Spectator’s Top 100 wines of the year this Pinot features cool-weather Santa Barbara grapes tasting of wild berries, white pepper, violets and a touch of light oak. A full mouth feel of sweet black cherry, cinnamon, milk chocolate finishing with sea salt.
Provenance Merlot 2010 ($25.99 During Tasting)
- Expressive aromas suggest plum, cherry, date, espresso and caramel. On the palate, rich layers of Bing cherry, mocha and black tea. Muscular, mouth-coating tannins frame the plush flavors, while integrated nuances of chocolate and smoky oak add complexity.
Antucura Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- “Gorgeously refined, almost French in style. Notes of violets, lavender, tobacco and black pepper on the nose. The palate is medium to full-bodied with very fine-grained, classy tannins. – 95 Pts Decanter Magazine
Novy Syrah 2012 ($21.99 During Tasting)
- You loved Novy’s Santa Lucia Syrah and this Napa Valley sister offers a rich melange of blackberry, currant and black cherry aromas on the nose. Flavors of berries and cherries explode on the palate yet are tamed with refined tannins and nuances of bacon and spice on the finish.
See you this weekend!