The Customer Favorites Tasting
Due to popular request, this weekend we’ll re-taste some of the favorites from tastings gone by. We’ll start with a delicious Chardonnay from the Carneros region, then revisit the fantastic Pali Pinot Noir that made Wine Spectator’s TOP 100 list.
From there, we’ll sample two of Sonoma county’s best big reds ~ a Bordeaux styly blend and a big Alexander Valley Cabernet from Stuhlmuller. We’ll finish with the 91 pt Novy Syrah from Santa Lucia.
Join us this weekend at Harvest Ranch El Cajon!
~ Patrick Campbell
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, April 24th, 2015 5pm – 7pm – $20/person
Saturday, April 25th, 2015 3pm-5pm – $15/person
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
The Customer Favorites Tastings
Acacia Chardonnay 2012 ($22.99 During Tasting)
- Appealing citrus-laced flavors of fresh and baked apple, ripe d’Anjou pear and white nectarine are punctuated by Meyer lemon zest, honeycomb, ginger spice and crème brûlée. Our Chardonnay’s luscious texture and bright, balanced acidity make it an ideal wine to pair with seafood, chicken and rich or creamy first courses and entrées. 91 Points CT
Pali Pinot Noir 2012 ($19.99 During Tasting)
- Its deep purple hue reflects its density. Full of wild berries, white pepper, violets and a touch of light oak. A full mouth feel of sweet black cherry, cinnamon, milk chocolate finishing with sea salt. #86 Top 100 WS
Eponymous Red 2010 ($24.99 During Tasting)
- Year in year out the hallmark of the wine that the grapes from this vineyard allow us to make has beautifully expressive aromas and elegant, balanced mouthfeel. To me this is the essence of a fine red wine/Bordeaux blend. Cabernet Franc, Cabernet, Merlot
Stuhlmuller Cabernet 2012 ($34.99 During Tasting)
- This alluring wine displays a dark inky-purple color and head-turning aromas of blackberry, currant and ripe plum. On the palate, the texture is big and juicy, with velvety tannins and voluptuous flavors of dark berries and crème de cassis, as well as layers of saddle leather, sweet oak and spice. 90 Points Robert Parker
Novy Syrah 2011 ($21.99 During Tasting)
- “Offers up a deep, decadent profile of smoked black fruits, lavender, bacon fat and crushed flowers. Medium to full-bodied, rich and mouth-filling on the palate, with juicy, integrated acidity, this knockout Syrah is a joy to drink.” 91 Points Robert Parker
We hope to see you out this weekend!