The “Around the World Tasting”
Some of our wines are steady sellers because they are customer favorites and we’ll share some of them with you at this weekend’s tasting. What they all have in common is that they are particularly food-friendly.
We’ll start off with a cool-climate Chardonnay and then focus on the reds, with a fruity Pinot Noir from coastal grapes, a highly rated Italian Chianti Classico and an equally high-rated Santa Lucia Highlands Syrah. We’re also featuring the popular Decoy Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon.
Please stop by and enjoy the company of your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will put out another fine assortment of cheeses and other goodies.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, July 18th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, July 19th, 2014 3pm-5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $15.00
Navarra Correas Chardonnay 2009 ($11.99 During Tasting)
- Grapes for this Argentina white originate in high-altitude vineyards located in the foothills of the Andes. Alluring aromas of fresh apple, pear and citrus are apparent in the elegant bouquet and linger on the palate.
Terlan Pinot Noir 2010 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- This Italian red offers a fresh, stimulating nose with an aromatic spectrum ranging from blackberry to a hint of cherry brandy with notes of licorice. On the palate it offers a delightful balance between ripe fruit and a delicate tannin structure which confers elegance on this minerally red wine.
Antucura Malbec 2012 ($15.99 During Tasting)
- A knockout Argentina red from Mendoza that has posted some amazing scores from critics and we challenge you to find a better wine at this price. Ripe red fruit and floral aromas and a full, soft and lush palate with notes of cherries, sour cherries and blackberries on the finish. – 95 Pts Decanter Magazine
Newton Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 ($25.99 During Tasting)
- Our string of great ’10 Napa cabs continues with this richly flavored and beautifully balanced wine. Layers of black plum, white chocolate, vanilla and anise aromas leap from the glass. On the palate, smoky plum, blackberry and supple leather flavors are supported by smooth yet substantial tannins.
Sandalford Shiraz 2004 ($27.99 During Tasting)
- The winemaker recommended cellaring for at least a decade so here we are with a fantastic shiraz with a nose and palate loaded with super-ripe blackberries, mulberries and plum flavors. Blended in are the traditional shiraz spicy elements of pepper, cinnamon and anise.
See you this weekend!