The Harvest Ranch Cellars Tasting
It’s been a while but the Harvest Ranch Cellars Wines have returned and the wait was well worth it. Many of our regular tasters recall years past when we bottled our own, terrific wines and we’re back with two exceptional wines under our labels for your tasting pleasure.
The ’12 Mt. Veeder Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is the star of the show, sourced from a vineyard known for producing grapes for wines that regularly sell for about $100 a bottle and we are offering this wine to you for $33.99 at this weekend’s tasting.
The Cab’s companion is the Harvest Ranch Familia red blend, predominately Zinfandel and Petite Syrah that works superbly as a rich accompaniment to any meat or pasta dish. We’ll start the tasting off with a 90-point-rated Frog’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc and also include two very tasty California Pinot Noirs
We’re very proud of these Harvest Ranch Cellars wines and will only have a limited supply so please stop by and enjoy the company of your fellow tasters and another varied assortment of cheeses and other goodies with your host, Bill Callahan.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, September 26th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, September 27th, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $15.00
Frog’s Leap Sauvignon Blanc 2013 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- “Bouncing in acidity, this crisp white offers nuttiness around a core of melon rind, citrus and herb. Despite the relatively low alcohol, it offers enough weight on the palate to be companionable to appetizers or easily enjoyed on its own.” — 90 Pts Wine Enthusiast
Sean Minor Four Bears Pinot Noir 2012 ($12.99 During Tasting)
- This Central Coast Pinot Noir is a terrific bargain, displaying aromas of cherry, strawberry, and raspberry fruit with a hint of earthy notes. On the palate, bright flavors of strawberry and cherry combine with hints of tobacco.
Luli Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir 2013 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- Bright, smooth and pure, with predominately red fruits and spice. Pomegranate, bing cherry, raspberry and Earl Grey tea evolve from the wine. The palate is broad and structured with firm tannins and a lasting finish.
Harvest Ranch Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 ($33.99 During Tasting)
- Sourced from a Mt. Veeder vineyard in Napa where yields are exceptionally low, wines such as this are consistently highly rated and in short supply. Blackberries, blueberries, spring flowers, graphite and luscious fruit are found in this full-bodied, opulent, spectacular wine.
Harvest Ranch Cellars Familia Red Blend 2012 ($15.49 During Tasting)
- A delicious blend of 57% Zinfandel, 16% Petite Syrah, 14% Syrah, 7% Cabernet
Sauvignon and 6% Gamay with grapes from Solano County this is a richly structured wine with aromas of cedar and berries leading to red plum and dark cherry flavors. Aged 17 months in French oak.
See you this weekend!