It’s summertime and living is easy and this week’s tasting features a flight of wines that are smooth on the palate and easy on the wallet. This week we’re sampling a Mendocino Chardonnay, and four California reds: a lovely Luli Pinot from the Santa Lucia Highlands, a bargain-priced Merlot and two terrific red blends, including a 2010 Paraduxx Z blend.
Please stop by and enjoy the company of your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will put out another fine assortment of cheeses and other goodies.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, July 25th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, July 26th, 2014 3pm-5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $15.00
Husch Chardonnay 2012 ($12.99 During Tasting)
- A blend of Mendocino grapes shows aromas of pear, caramel apple, lime, tropical fruit, and vanilla. On the palate, flavors of ripe pear, apple, lemon-lime, and pineapple are fully expressed with bright acidity.
Luli Pinot Noir 2013 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- When we tasted the ’12 Santa Lucia Highlands Luli you snapped it up like hotcakes. The ’13 vintage is touted as being even better. Aromatics dominated by wild strawberry and red cherry are followed on the palate with a full-bodied texture accented by soft and approachable tannins and an elegant, long finish.
Leese-Fitch Merlot 2012 ($11.49 During Tasting)
- Vanilla notes burst from the glass before turning toward strawberry jam, plum, and crushed cardamom. The mouth fills with fruit flavors and finishes with layers of vanilla bean from a combination of French and American oak.
Cinnabar Mercury Rising 2012 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- A very nicely balanced, silky Meritage that is medium to full-bodied in the mouth, featuring bright red fruit flavors with a touch of candied spice, supple tannins and a satisfying finish. A terrific value.
Paraduxx Z Blend 2010 ($38.99 During Tasting)
- Fusing the robust flavors of Zinfandel with the grandeur of Cabernet Sauvignon, Paraduxx has embraced the best of both core varietals from Napa Valley grapes to produce a world-class blend with a decidedly California personality. – 90 Pts Wine Enthusiast
See you this weekend!