“The Jack to a Queen Tasting”
Well, we’re all over the map with this tasting but we’ll take our theme from the starting and finishing wines from Napa’s JAQK Cellars, beginning with the JAQK Her Majesty Chardonnay.
From there we’ll move on to an Argentina Merlot and a Napa Cabernet Sauvignon before sampling the highly-rated E2 Spanish red blend from noted winemaker Dave Phinney that has won rave reviews from such tough critics as Robert Parker. We’ll return to JAQK Cellars for the final wine, a 2007 Napa Syrah.
Please stop by and enjoy the company of your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will put out another fine assortment of cheeses and other goodies.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, August 1st, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 3pm-5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $15.00
JAQK Cellars Her Majesty Chardonnay 2008 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- Bright fruit and spice flavors mingle together with excellent acid-balance. The mouth feel is creamy and well-structured creating a long pleasing finish.
Navarro Correas Merlot 2008 ($10.99 During Tasting)
- This Argentina merlot opens with fragrant aromas of spices and red fruits. Bright plum and fresh cherry greet the front of the palate, extending into the finish with undertones of white pepper and subtle baking chocolate.
Uppercut Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 ($17.99 During Tasting)
- Big and bold, this wine’s Napa Valley grapes offer generous black cherry and blackberry aromas leading to flavors of mocha, anise, tamari and mineral, plus a racy hint of smokiness. Perfect for a sizzling steak.
E2 Spanish Red Non-Vintage ($17.99 During Tasting)
- Winemaker Dave Phinney’s second Spanish blend of Garnacha, Tempranillo, Monastrell, and Cariñena sourced from premium vineyards and aged for ten months in barrel, drawing rave reviews. “If there are better wines for under $20 a bottle in the world today, please share that information with The Wine Advocate.” – 93 Points Robert Parker
JAQK Soldiers of Fortune Syrah 2007 ($33.99 During Tasting)
- Napa Valley grapes provide a smooth, round entry with intense fruit flavors. The middle palate is supported by a high level of fine- to medium grain tannins. The concentrated fruit flavors and tannins resonate together leading to a long finish.
See you this weekend!