The Summer Special Tasting
We indeed have something special for our summer tasters this week as the featured wine will be the 2006 Casa Lapostolle Clos Apalta. The 2005 vintage won Wine Spectator’s #1 wine of the year rating and this vintage isn’t far behind with a 94-Point rating. We have a limited number of bottles of this sensational Chilean blend at a featured price of $54.99.
There’s other quality in the flight with a Mason Napa Sauvignon Blanc, a Napa Merlot, a bargain-priced French Grenache and an easy-to-drink Tuscan Cabernet Sauvignon that also scored in the 90-Point range.
Please stop by and enjoy the company of your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will complement these fine wines with another varied assortment of cheeses and other goodies.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, August 15th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, August 16th, 2014 3pm-5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $15.00
Mason Sauvignon Blanc 2012 ($13.99 During Tasting)
- Napa grapes lend this wine an elegant, floral, and fig-like nose with flavors of grapefruit, melon, quince, and hints of fresh cut grass. A full, savory acidity finishes smooth and clean.
JAQK Cellars Black Clover Merlot 2008 ($14.99 During Tasting)
- The entry from these Napa Valley grapes is vibrant and full with medium grain tannins and flavors of black currants and cherry. The wine evolves on the palate with fullness and balance leading to a long finish.
Le Paradou Grenache 2012 ($9.49 During Tasting)
- “An awesome value! A Grenache with meaty black cherry, pepper, dried Provencal herbs and earth all soaring from the glass. It’s a knockout value and this crowd-pleaser should not be missed!” — 90 Pts Wine Advocate
Tommasi Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 ($13.99 During Tasting)
- “Fragrant Cab with intense aromas and flavors of black currant, cherry and licorice, augmented by spice. Supple and balanced, delivering vibrant acidity and well-integrated tannins on the long finish.” — 91 Pts Wine Spectator
Casa Lapostolle Clos Apalta 2006 ($54.99 During Tasting)
- The 2005 vintage of this Chilean wine was ranked #1 of the year by Wine Spectator and this vintage isn’t far off. “Ripe and packed with gorgeous blackberry, blueberry and fig fruit flavors liberally laced with bittersweet cocoa and Turkish coffee notes. Impressive combination of density and purity. Carmenère, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot.” – 94 Pts Wine Spectator
See you this weekend!