This Friday we are pleased to welcome Bill Fleming to the El Cajon tasting room. Bill is one of the most respected wine merchants in Southern California, and will be here to pour some of California Wine Country’s best. This is a great opportunity for sharing great wines with a great guy, so stop in and taste these incredible wines!
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting:
Friday, May 31st, 2013 – 5pm – 7pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weeks selections:
Hawley Viognier 2012 (Reg. $27.99) ($23.99 Tonight)
- Winemakers could hardly contain their excitement in the quality of flavor in the 2012 vintage. This 2012 Viognier is orange blossoms and tropical fruit on the nose with flavors of tangerine and white peach, and is terrific to pair with food.
Laird Cold Creek Vyd Chardonnay 2009 (Reg. $29.99) ($25.99 Tonight)
- Boasting a completely hedonistic weight and mouth feel, this still keeps it together with plenty of fresh minerality. Shows toast, butter and ripe tropical fruits with a definite nod towards mid-palate texture. 300 cases made by Paul Hobbs. 91 Points – Wine Spectator
Fort Ross Pinot Noir 2009 (Reg. $39.99) ($33.99 Tonight)
- The tiny Fort Ross AVA is home to some of the world’s most impressive vineyards, including Marcassin, Peter Michael, Flowers, and of course, Fort Ross. This Pinot is full bodied and opulent, with generous black cherry and tangy acidity. 93 Points – James Suckling
Laird Jillian’s Blend 2009 (Reg. $39.99) ($33.99 Tonight)
- As the largest private vineyard owners in Napa Valley, the Laird family has an incredible tool box for their own label. Add the talents of consulting winemaker Paul Hobbs, and you have an awesome track record of consistency and quality. Their ’09 Jillian’s pops in the glass with wild black fruits, licorice, chocolate and spice coating the palate with every sip. Cab, Syrah, Merlot blend. 93 Points – Wine Spectator
Minassian Young Estate Zinfandel 2010 (Reg. $21.99) ($18.99 Tonight)
- This is a big, jammy Paso style Zin that’s dry farmed from the old Peachy Canyon Estate. David Young, owner/winemaker, grew up in Del Mar and La Jolla.
We hope to see you at the tasting.