Catherine Uzeta of Monterey Bay distributors will join us Friday night in El Cajon.
Catherine will be pouring a selection of her favorite wines that she represents, including the 97 point Stephanie Red Blend from Hestan Vineyards – what a treat!
We’ve been having a great time at the Friday night tastings……we hope you’ll join us!
See you all out here!
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting:
Friday, September 13th, 2013 – 5pm – 7pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Monterey Bay Portfolio
This weeks selections: $15.00
Gruet Blanc de Blanc ($18.99 During Tasting)
- The three years of aging has contributed a pronounced classic toastiness with accents of roasted almonds and minerals. The palate is creamy and long, and the style is elegant, dry and crisp, with great complexity. Only 1,000 cases produced.
Alfaro Pinot Noir 2012 ($23.99 During Tasting)
- Ruby in color, medium in body. Bright cherry and raspberry on the nose, with abundant Bing cherry, spice and vanilla flavors on the palate. This wine has well-integrated tannins and refreshing acidity.
Stephanie Red Blend 2007 ($49.99 During Tasting)
- “This wine is a masterpiece of balance and complexity. On the nose, it exhibits notes of cedar, spice, licorice and mocha. On the palate, the purity of fruit is stunning by revealing aromas of blueberry, black currant and blackberry in endless layers of flavor. The wine finishes with long, persistent waves of flavor. This is Napa Valley red wine at its finest. ~ Robert Whitley – 97 Points.
Adelaida Version 2008 ($29.99 During Tasting)
- “Version is an absolutely delicious, joyous red Rhone style blend bursting with fruit” ~ Robert Parker- Wine Advocate – 90 Points.
Old Vine Wine Co. Zinfandel 2009 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- “Beautiful blackberry and lightly toasted oak on the nose and palate. Turns to spices and meat. Full-bodied, with soft tannins and a long finish. Balanced and pretty.” 92 Points – James Suckling
See you all at the tasting!