The Chronic Cellars Purple Paradise Zin just hit the market this week, meaning the eagerly awaited Chronic wines are all available again, though probably only for a very short while!
We’ll celebrate their arrival this Friday in El Cajon by tasting all three – Sofa King Bueno, Dead Nuts, and Purple Paradise. The brainchild of Jake and Josh Becket, the new generation of wine producers at Paso’s Peachy Canyon, their first vintage of Chronic was in 2008.
To round out the evening, we’ll throw in a Tobin James wine and the brand new Prisoner production, Cuttings Cabernet blend. This wine is also highly allocated, and this will be a rare opportunity to taste it!
Special Note: We will be sampling these wines both Friday and Saturday night, so if you cannot make it out on Friday, join us on Saturday.
See you out there!
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting:
Friday, September 27th-28th, 2013 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, September 28th, 2013 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weeks selections: $15.00
Chronic Cellars Sofa King Bueno 2011 ($20.99 During Tasting)
- This wine is youthful and fleshy! Bueno has many layers that fill the nose and palate. It is a full bodied wine with balanced tannins and different spices. 79% Syrah, 12% Mourvedre, 5% Petite Syrah, 4% Grenache. 90 Points – Cellar Tracker.
Chronic Cellars Dead Nuts 2011 ($26.99 During Tasting)
- This wine has a slight hint of fresh baked cherry pie. Dead Nuts is firm with bright acidity and mild tannins. This will be a crowd pleaser for many years to come. 37% Zinfandel, 26% Tempranillo, 24% Petite Sirah, 13% Tannat
Chronic Cellars Purple Paradise Zin 2012 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- Juicy fruit flavors, chocolate, ripe strawberries and a dark richness. Full bodied, mildly tannic with good acidity. This just released Zin, Syrah, and Mourvedre blend has been anxiously awaited in the market, and is sure to sell out rapidly!
Tobin James Cacheflo 2010 ($9.99 During Tasting)
- One of the top selling red blends over the last 4 years, TOBIN JAMES has done it again with this can’t miss full-bodied crowd-pleaser!
Cuttings Cabernet Blend 2011 ($47.99 During Tasting)
- This Cabernet Sauvignon based wine called Cuttings is a just released new wine from Prisoner Wines. An amazing blend of Cabernet (65%), Syrah (15%), Petite Sirah (15%) and Zinfandel (5%), it’s kind of a reverse blend of original Prisoner. These grapes come mostly from Napa vineyards near Pritchard Hill, Howell Mountain, Spring Mountain, and one key property in Sonoma. Cuttings combines the richness, complexity and depth of Cabernet with the structure and intensity of Petite Syrah and Syrah, all the while channeling the robust character of Zinfandel.