One of our favorite holidays is Independence Day, when we celebrate our country, our families, and good times. Our Friday wine tasting this week falls right in the middle of a long weekend of fun and, most likely, a lot of grilling and parties. So, what could be better than some fantastic barbecue wines – wines that not only pair well with grilled foods, but are so mouth-wateringly delicious that everyone loves them. Oh, and the price is not bad, either!
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting:
Friday, July 5th, 2013 – 5pm – 7pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weeks selections:
Poppy Chardonnay 2011 (Regularly $11.99) $9.99 At Tasting
- Sourced entirely from the winery’s estate vineyards in the Santa Lucia Highlands, Poppy has that distinct California style of bright acidity, toasty oak spice, and a creamy, buttery texture. The wine is ideal for unwinding at the end of a long day, or with richer poultry and fish dishes.
Murphy-Goode Dealer’s Choice Cabernet (Regularly $21.99) 18.99 At Tasting
- This Alexander Valley wine shows a dense, rich flavor of cherry and toasty, vanilla spice, with notes of blackberry and thyme.
Laya Spanish Blend 2011 (Regularly $9.99) $7.99 At Tasting
- Creamy, with lifted dark plum scents. The palate is medium-bodied with good acidity, the 2011 is elegant and refined, blessed with fine tannins and tension towards the dark plum and boysenberry finish. *89 Points Wine Advocate
Four Vines Biker Zin 2010 (Regularly $23.99) $20.99 At Tasting
- “Ripe and zesty, with distinctive aromas of raspberry and smoky cracked pepper that lead to plush, briary flavors of black cherry, anise and sage.” A massive, in-your-face Zin! *90 Points Wine Spectator
T~Vine Syrah 2008 (Regularly $39.99) $32.99 At Tasting
- Deep and intense, with complex fruit; the power and concentration of the explosion of blackberries, leather, licorice, and chocolate in your mouth is unimaginable. A perfect pairing for grilled baby back ribs!
See you all at the tasting!