In 1877 the 9th bonded winery in California was established. That same winery is home to their portfolio of wines: Ghost Block, and Oakville Winery. The owners of Bonded Winery #9 began purchasing vineyards throughout Napa Valley 110 years ago. Their first vineyard was purchased with a single $10 gold coin in 1903.
Today the family owns approximately 1,000 acres in Napa Valley. Ghost Block vineyard is named in honor of Napa’s pioneer winemakers who rest in a tiny 150 year old cemetery on the north edge of Yountville. Graced with perfect drainage and sunny exposure, Ghost Block Vineyard is a jewel; 16 acres planted to Cabernet Sauvignon, an heirloom, passed down through a single family for over 100 years. Coveted by celebrity winemakers, the fruit from this and nearby vineyards has been the cornerstone of many of Napa’s “Cult Wines”. The secret is out. Production is very limited.
We look forward to seeing you Friday night!
Ghost Block Wine Co. Wine Tasting Event
Friday, September 2nd, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
GHOST BLOCK WINE CO. WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- Ghost Block Sauvignon Blanc - $24.99 One of the tastiest Sauvignon Blancs in the marketplace. 90 Pts WW
- Ghost Block Cabernet - $64.99 Displays classic pure cassis and an opaque purple color, in a reserved but exuberant, concentrated, full-bodied style with low acidity and ripe, well-integrated, lush tannins. 94 Pts WW
- Oakville Cabernet - $51.99 Firm and well-built, the 2013 Oakville Cabernet brings plenty of black fruit and oak to the fore. The wine’s up-front richness makes it a fine choice for both casual and formal dining. Drinks well now. 91 Pts WW
- Ghost Block Single Vineyard Cabernet (Highly Allocated) - $109.99 Explosive aromas of black cherry pie with hints of sweet chocolate. Dry herbs and vanilla on the nose, lead into an enticing full, lush palate of mature plum, black cherry, and dark chocolate. Integrated throughout the wine is mouth-watering cranberry, and dense oak.
- Oakville Zinfandel - $24.99 Exhibits ripe berries and a substantial palate presence. Supple and textured in the finish, this is a fine choice with grilled pork ribs. 90 Pts WW
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99
See you Friday night!