Hartley-Ostini Hitching Post wines are made by Buellton Hitching Post Restaurant owner/chef Frank Ostini and his good friend, former fisherman Gray Hartley. Their project was to make wine exclusively for the restaurant But beginning in 1990 they began selling their wine and the rest is history.
Hitching Post Winery Wine Tasting Event
Friday, July 8th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
HITCHING POST WINERY WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- Pinks Rose - $16.99 (Glass Price: $8) Fresh and lively with plenty of cherry, strawberry and hints of melon. Rich and mouth-filling. A bit richer in style. Delicious for summer!
- Pinot Noir Hometown - $21.99 (Glass Price: $9) Lush, supple and hard to resist. Pretty red fruits, spice and hints of underbrush. Mouth filling texture and great balance.
- Pinot Noir Cork Dancer - $26.99 (Glass Price: $12) Elegant notes of allspice, cloves, dark cherries and oak. Beautiful round tannins and no hard edges, reminds us of a nice Cote de Beaune. YUM!
- Pinot Noir Highliner - $34.99 (Glass Price: $14) More complex than the others, has great structure, pretty red fruit, dried leaves, spice box and hints of incense. Supple, balanced texture. Great!
- Generation Red (Gen Red) - $16.99 (Glass Price: $8) A very fun blend this year being mostly Merlot that leads to roundness and easy drinkability. The Cab Franc adds interest and body. The other red grapes add interest and complexity. A fun wine.
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99