John Azevedo with the Henry Wine Group will join us this week to share a few nuggets from his world class collection of Italian wines. Taking into account a recent merger, the Henry Wine Group has now become the premier distributor of Italian wines in our market. If you love Italian, or if you’d like to broaden your knowledge, don’t miss this opportunity to visit with John!
Special Note: Our friends at Boars Head will be in store sampling some of their great deli meats and cheeses during the event!
Italian Wine Tasting Event
Friday, November 1st, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $20
ITALIAN WINE TASTING EVENT:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- BROGLIA GAVI - $19.99 “Round and fruity, this is lush and juicy overall, showing fresh peach, apple, almond and chamomile flavors. A hint of grapefruit bitterness lifts the finish.” 90 Points WS
- PRODUTTORI BARBARESCO - $39.99 “A graceful and detailed red, marked by ripe cherry, strawberry, floral and tar flavors, with the fruit intensity persisting on the finish, showing excellent length. Most importantly, it is a terrific value at a time when well-priced Barbaresco is increasingly hard to find. In 2012, the Produttori did not bottle their Riservas. When that happens, the straight Barbaresco is often an overachiever. That is certainly the case here. A Stunning value.” 90 Points WS & WA
- DAMILANO BAROLO - $39.99 Succulent red cherries, sweet spices, tobacco, mint and leather are all pushed forward, boasting a great depth of flavors and fruit purity, while firm, velvety tannins give it an almost creamy mouthfeel. 92 Points RP
- VINO NOBILE di MONTEPULCIANO - $17.99 Vivid ruby red color and good concentration. Intense fragrant aroma with evident fruity notes among which are wild black cherry, violet and vanilla. Full balanced flavor with noticeable but discreet tannin. 92 Points JS
- SALVIONI BRUNELLO - $169.99 “The wine achieves the signature style and elegance that is so unique to Salvioni. It is the wine’s silkiness and inner perfume that stand out, with scents of sweet red cherry, plum, hard candy, and white flowers that add to the wine’s considerable allure. The tannins are enormously silky and polished. Hats off to Salvioni.” 96 Points WA
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99
See you Friday night!