Paso wines have been gaining ever more acclaim recently. Eric Jensen of Booker Vineyard calls the 2013 vintage his “Holy Grail” and Justin Smith of Saxum says it is probably the best vintage he has ever had. Daniel Daou (Daou Vineyards) called 2014 the vintage of his career. This week we’ll shine the spotlight on some of the incredible wines being produced.
We look forward to seeing you Friday night!
Paso Robles Wine Tasting Event
Friday, September 23rd, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
PASO ROBLES WINE TASTING EVENT:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- BOOKER RLF PINOT NOIR - $49.99 “This beauty is medium to full-bodied, sexy, seamless and layered on the palate, with a terrific finish. Hats off to winemaker Eric Jensen, who’s known as a Syrah and Grenache guy, for this smokin’ effort. It should drink nicely through 2024 (although there’s no need to hold off).” 95 Pts Parker
- DAUO CABERNET - $29.99 The straight 2015 Cabernet Sauvignon should be another outstanding vintage of this cuvee and it has full-bodied richness, beautiful concentration and lots of dark chocolate, plum and smoked herb aromas and flavors. 92 Pts Parker
- STEINBECK CABERNET - $34.99 The wine has full-bodied opulence, a sumptuous mouthfeel, and is just a terrific, savory, expansive Cabernet Sauvignon that should drink well for 15 or more years.
- L’AVENTURE ESTATE CUVEE - $109.99 “A massive, gorgeously rich and decadent version of this cuvee, the 2014 Estate Cuvee (50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Syrah and 15% Petit Verdot) is reminiscent of a 2005 Pomerol with its huge bouquet of cassis, toasted spice, graphite, damp earth and leafy herb aromas and flavors. Thick, full-bodied, unctuous and palate-saturating, yet still with purity and grace, it’s an insanely good Bordeaux blend (or close) from Paso Robles that will have two decades of overall longevity.” 98 Pts Parker
- MCPRICE MYERS BEAUTIFUL EARTH - $41.99 “Rich, concentrated and structured, with both purity and balance, it’s superb already, but will keep for a decade. It’s also a terrific value at this quality level.” 94 Pts Parker
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99
See you Friday night!