Paul Hobbs has a colorful winemaking background. He studied pre-med at Notre Dame University but after joining a wine tasting club, switched to a career in winemaking. After studying at University of California, Davis, he rose to notoriety at Robert Mondavi, Simi and Opus One in the mid 1980s. Twice named Wine Personality of the Year by Robert Parker, Jr., he continues to be a leading consultant winemaker around the globe.
We look forward to seeing you Friday night!
Paul Hobbs Wine Tasting Event
Friday, September 16th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
UNDER THE RADAR WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- PAUL HOBBS CHARDONNAY - $59.99 Possesses great acid and obvious intensity~ just a brilliant wine that has plenty of citrus oil, white flowers, quince and peach flavors. 92 Pts Parker
- PAUL HOBBS PINOT NOIR - $62.99 Terrific! Bright, nuanced and savory, the straight Russian River Pinot has all the attributes of this strong vintage. Sweet floral notes round out a Pinot that is understated and silky.
- CROSSBARN CABERNET - $54.99 The wine has full-bodied opulence, a sumptuous mouthfeel, and is just a terrific, savory, expansive Cabernet Sauvignon that should drink well for 15 or more years. 93 Pts Parker
- PAUL HOBBS CABERNET - $129.99 This is just beautiful, an earthy, graphite-laden, crème de cassis-scented wine with plenty of depth, a full-bodied mouthfeel, and a long, opulent finish. 93 Pts Parker / 92 Pts JS
- LAIRD JILLIAN’S BLEND - $29.99 I really like the juiciness of this wine, which has a dark ruby/purple color, lots of black cherry, mulberry, mocha, fruit and a nice tactile, fleshy impression with good purity, uplift and density in the long velvety finish. 91 Pts Parker
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99
See you Friday night!