I don’t think there’s ever been a wine as maligned and misunderstood as Merlot. Blame it on Sideways, maybe, but most wine people are shopping other varietals and excluding Merlots. And even though Chateau Petrus – a Merlot- is the world’s most coveted wine, when is the last time a restaurant Somm suggested a Merlot?
It’s time to apply a little “scientific method” to our tasting, and remove the veil from this noble varietal.
We look forward to seeing you Friday night!
Reassessing Merlot Tasting Event
Friday, October 14th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $20
REASSESSING MERLOT TASTING EVENT:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- FROG’S LEAP MERLOT - $35.99 Classically structured in red fruit, soft oak and peppery spice. It has cedar within, while the overall texture and breadth of the wine is lengthy, food-ready and impressive. 90 Points WE
- CAKEBREAD MERLOT - $67.99 Rich and plump on the palate with lush cherry, plum and red currantflavors framed by firm, yet fine-grained tannins, it culminates in a long finish. 93 Points CT
- SHAFER MERLOT - $59.99 ”A rich, explosive wine, the 2013 Merlot races across the palate with dark red and blue fruit, graphite, smoke, tobacco and menthol.” 92 Points V
- PLUMPJACK MERLOT - $62.99 Bright, finely sculpted and nuanced, with tons of detail and precision throughout. Sweet red and blue fruits, flowers, mint and licorice are some of the signatures. 93 Points V
- DUCKHORN THREE PALMS VYD MERLOT - $94.99 “Duckhorn Merlots from this iconic Vineyard have never been sparing in richness or wide-open fruit, and, while this version is long on the variety’s plumpness and charm, it reaches a bit further in terms of creamy complexity as well. Its layered mix of ripe cherries and sweet oak affords plenty of immediate appeal. 96 Point CG
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99
See you Friday night!