Rick Rogers, portfolio manager for Northwest Wines, Wine Connection, Bergquist Wines, and Press Cellars will be our guest host this week. Rick brings his vast experience and deep knowledge of wine to bear on this week’s lineup of his favorite picks in today’s market.
We look forward to seeing you Friday night!
The Portfolio Wine Tasting Event
Friday, September 30th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
THE PORTFOLIO WINE TASTING EVENT:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- ARTERBERRY MARESH PINOT NOIR - $64.99 “A beautiful bouquet with wonderful precision. The vine age does show through here (44-years-old now) with crisp detailed red berry fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, very well-judged acidity, touches of truffle and undergrowth tincturing the red berry fruit that fans out wonderfully towards the long and satisfying finish. This is a great Pinot Noir.” 95 Pts Parker
- KIONA CABERNET - $21.99 Offers terrific notes of black currants, plums, wild herbs, tobacco leaf and smoke to go with a medium to full-bodied, ripe, forward, textured profile on the palate. 90 Pts Parker
- IF SIX WAS NINE CABERNET - $49.99 The opaque ruby/purple-hued 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon If Six Was Nine possesses exceptional crème de cassis and blueberry fruit, and a full-bodied mouthfeel. This stunning effort sells for a realistic price in the scheme of Napa Cabernet Sauvignon pricing. 94 Pts Parker
- SINISTER HAND - $26.99 This Rhone styled blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre and Cinsault, is a crowd favorite and we think you will be just as pleased. The nose is a enticing combination of blueberries, iron, and rhubarb pie. Blackberries take over on the finish which has just the right touch of grip.
- GRAMERCY CELLARS SYRAH - $41.99 ”Named after a French/Cajun term meaning roughly “a little something extra”, the 2013 Syrah Lagniappe is a stunning wine that has classic Syrah notes of sappy herbs, spring flowers, pepper and ample darker fruits. Tight, focused, medium to full-bodied and elegantquality level.” 95 Pts Parker
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99
See you Friday night!