Ever since Robert Parker blew the lid off by pronouncing Rutherford’s Rhiannon Blend the best buy around, the spotlight has been shining brightly on Rutherford Wine Co. Their Cabernet has been so hot, they’re increasing the price by $6 bottle Sept 1st! Which prompted us to get them down for a tasting, and to give you the opportunity to scoop some up at the current price.
Darren Pace will be down from the winery Friday evening to serve up their wines, and discuss their meteoric rise in popularity.
Rutherford Wine Company Wine Tasting Event
Friday, August 12th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
THE WINES OF CAYMUS WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- Rutherford Ranch Chardonnay - $19.99 (Glass Price: $5) Rich flavors of peach, ripe pear, lemon zest with bright acidity and a creamy mouthfeel.
- Rutherford Ranch Cabernet - $21.99 (Glass Price: $5) Aromas and flavors of ripe currant, black cherry, rich dark chocolate and fresh spearmint. Full-bodied with soft tannins, a velvety mouthfeel and a long, lingering finish.
- Rhiannon Red - $14.99 (Glass Price: $5) An absolutely amazing value, the Proprietary Red is a great blend of Syrah, Petite Sirah and Barbera The palate is lush with black berry, Bing cherry, raspberry. Deep ruby color with a lush mouthfeel and long finish. 90 Points Robert Parker
- Two Range Red - $24.99 (Glass Price: $8) This full-bodied red blend pays homage to Napa Valley’s ideal location between the Vaca and Mayacamas mountain ranges, and reflects the depth and character of wines from this world famous wine grape growing region.
- Rutherford Ranch Reserve Cab - $54.99 (Glass Price: $20) Lovely ruby color with aromas of boysenberry, currant, spearmint and dried herbs. It is a medium-full-bodied, well-balanced wine with rich tannins and has big, delicious flavors of currant, boysenberry and caramel.
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99