No bicycles involved here just a liquid tour of the main wine regions in France. We will taste the grape varietals grown in these regions so if you didn’t know Gamay is the red varietal in Beaujolais you can now taste it as well as the four other principal regions of France, Loire, Burgundy, Rhone and Bordeaux. It should be fun. No bike shorts please!
Tour de France Wine Tasting Event
Friday, May 27th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
TOUR de FRANCE WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- Dom. Thomas, Sancerre, Loire - $29.99 (Glass Price: $12) Very interesting combination of pear and mint that this wine is famous for. Lush, luscious, fruit forward style with a silken palate. 90 pts Parker!
- Alaine Morgon Cote du By, Beaujolais - $27.99 (Glass Price: $11) One of the bolder of the Beaujolais Villages, this has lots of smoky bacon, game, mocha and dark cherry flavors. Ripe, layered and voluptuous.
- Danjean-Berthoux Givry, Burgundy - $25.99 (Glass Price: $10) Aromas of violets, cloves and red cherry. Flavors that copy the nose as well as offer lush strawberry notes. Great vintage and drinking great.
- Dom. Font Larade Vacqueyras, Rhone - $32.99 (Glass Price: $14) Loaded with ripe black fruits along with tobacco, leather and roasted meats. Packed with power and richness. Has nice age already.
- Ch. Feret-Lambert, Bordeaux Rouge - $21.99 (Glass Price: $9) Showing earth, licorice and Christmas fruitcake as well as a lush texture. A very appealing and charming Bordeaux from a great vintage!
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99