One of the challenges of wine collecting, and one of the most enjoyable aspects, is sleuthing out the best wines. Someone came up with the “QPR” rating (Quality to Price Ratio) to describe one of the sweet spots of collecting.
This week, submitted for your approval, are some lesser known brands that earn a high QPR rating.
We look forward to seeing you Friday night!
Under the Radar Wine Tasting Event
Friday, September 9th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
UNDER THE RADAR WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- TAPIZ MALBEC ~ Alta Collection - $17.99 Full body, fine tannins and a flavorful finish. Extremely well craft with elegance and style. 95 Pts JS
- JUAN GILL 18 MESES - $34.99 60% Monastrell, 30% Cabernet Sauvignon and 10% Syrah. Full-bodied with boysenberry and blackberry on the entry. It is succulent but very well balanced.
- VOLKER EISELE CABERNET - $52.99 Maybe it’s enough that the only other Cab I know of from Eisele vineyard is Araujo, at $529 btl. That alone gives this wine, at 1/10 the price, a sky high QPR. But this exotic, soulful Cabernet will charm you. 93 Pts WE
- HAYFORK CABERNET - $74.99 Just a brilliant showing, with enough gas in the tank to take this wine to 2030 and beyond. The price is quite fair considering the vintage in this swank neighborhood. This is one of the finest 2013s we’ve tasted this year, and will inevitably garner a high score. 96 Pts WA
- LEVENDI SWEETWATER CAB - $42.99 The grapes are grown on rocky red-soiled slopes and the wine’s texture – strikingly rich – has a backdrop of slate and dried lavender. The creamy French oak drives texture further, enveloping the palate in what seems like forever. This is one to watch. 95 Pts TP
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99
See you Friday night!