We are having a special wine tasting event in El Cajon this weekend. Our new wine specialist Terry brings years of experience to our El Cajon store and he will introduce to you some great wines from our valued Vineyards from around the World. This weekend we will feature wines from Rombauer Vineyards, which include some great high point rated wines! Make plans to join us!
Rombauer Tasting Event
If you aren’t familiar with one of Napa’s most famous wineries, you may be aware of the Joy of Cooking cookbook. If you cook, chances are you have this book. It is in fact authored by none other than Irma S. Rombauer and Marion Rombauer Becker. Irma is the great aunt of the owners of this famous winery that has made amazing wines since 1980.
“The Rombauer philosophy hasn’t changed since its founding in 1980. They believe in doing everything in their power to produce the best wines possible. With just three head winemakers in their 35-year history, they’ve achieved consistency in style – distinctive, fruit-driven wines – while continually refining and improving their winemaking practices.”
We will be pouring traditional 2 oz samples of each wine we are featuring, with the option to purchase additional 6 oz glasses as well as purchase specials on each vintage we feature. We will also have cheese, fruit and meat platters available for purchase as well.We hope you can join us in what will be some great events moving forward.
Friday, March 4th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Saturday, March 5th, 2016 – 3pm to 5pm
Tasting Cost: $25
ROMBAUER VINEYARDS WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
Each of which have a 90 point rating or higher….
- 2015 Rombauer Sauvignon Blanc – $24.99 (Glass Price: $11) Fresh and vibrant with flavors of grapefruit, white necterine adn deep tropical notes. Lively acidity perfect for pairing with raw oysters, goat cheese and sushi rolls. Highly allocated we only received one case of this vintage.
- 2014 Rombauer Chardonnay – $39.99 (Glass Price: $19) Rich, creamy texture with vibrant flavors of tropical fruits, citrus and melon layered with vanilla and soft spice. Enjoy with lobster, pan-seared scallops or chicken satay. One of the most popular wines in the store, always!
- 2011 Rombauer Merlot – $34.99 (Glass Price: $16) It is rich and well-structured simultaneously conveying flavors of blackberries, strawberries adn tones of leather, vanilla and plums. Perfectly combined with a sweet and pleasant tannin.
- 2013 Rombauer Zinfandel – $29.99 (Glass Price: $14) Lush and concentrated, with flavors of ripe cherry, vanilla, blackberry and spice. Very fine tannins lead to a long, pleasing finish. Perfect for summer barbeques!
- 2013 Rombauer Cabernet Sauvignon – $54.99 (Glass Price: $25) An elegant, graceful style that’s easy to enjoy. From the initial creamy oak aromas to the gradual firming mid palate, showing off a cedary oak grip to the tannins.
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Purchase 3 Bottles – Save 10%
Purchase a Case (12) – Save 15%