“The Papillon Tasting”
Wines from the Orin Swift Cellars have long been among the most popular on our shelves and this week we feature the 2012 Papillon, a lush, complex blend from the Napa Valley. Fashioned in the Bordeaux style, it is a mix of grapes from St. Helena, Oakville, Rutherford, Atlas Peak, Howell Mountain and more. As is typical of Orin Swift wines, this is BIG RED, very full-bodied and rich. It’s limited and won’t be around long!
We’ll surround the Papillon with two great values – a Spanish white blend and a fruity Rioja – as well as a Carneros Pinot Noir and a Seghesio Sonoma Zin that lives up to the label’s vaunted reputation.
So, please stop by and take advantage of the discounted prices for tasters and sample the tasty cheeses, fruits and other goodies with your fellow wine aficionados.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, November 14th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, November 15th, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $20.00
Telmo Rodriguez Basa 2012 ($10.99 During Tasting)
- A blend of 85% Verdejorn, 10% Viurarn and 5% Sauvignon Blanc this fantastic bargain is the current rage in white table wine in Spain. Intense pineapple, grapefruit, strawberry and currant in the nose and on the palate.
Acacia Pinot Noir 2012 ($25.99 During Tasting)
- Generous aromas of Bing cherry and Burgundy plum, layered with teaberry, cinnamon and vanilla nuances. Fully ripened tannins structure harmonious flavors, while toasted new barrels scent the finish with warm spice.
Hazana Tradicion Rioja 2011 ($12.99 During Tasting)
- “2011 Rioja Tradicion exhibits classic Rioja characteristics of black cherry jam, lead pencil shavings, licorice and tobacco leaf. Medium-bodied and elegant with sweet tannin, this wine dramatically over-delivers.” – 90 Pts Robert Parker
Papillon Red Blend 2012 ($59.99 During Tasting)
- A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Malbec and Cabernet Franc provides luring aromas of currants, mulled blackberries, French vanilla and exotic spices. On the palate it features extracted blue and red fruit flavors which leads to beguiling cassis, plum, and a hint of mocha later.
Seghesio Zinfandel 2011 ($23.99 During Tasting)
- Traditionally one of Sonoma’s best Zins this vintage features spicy, lush black fruit flavors of Alexander Valley. Briary and raspberry flavors are present, along with structure of cooler Dry Creek Valley. Overall, this is a balanced and elegantly structured Zinfandel. – 92 Pts Wine Spectator
See you this weekend!