The Foxen and Portfolio Tastings
On Friday we will take a look at the unique wines of Foxen Vineyard and Winery. Among the wines will be a 2013 Chenin Blanc, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, and 2012 Blk 8 Pinot and a Cuvee Marie.
On Saturday Daniel Morando from Quintessential Wines will be on hand to share his favorite wines from his portfolio.
Hope to see you this weekend.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Friday, March 6th, 2015 5pm – 7pm – $20/person
The Foxen Tasting
Foxen Chenin Blanc 2013 ($24.99 During Tasting)
- This is soft, supple and accessible. Pear, melon, almonds and spices inform the expressive, silky finish. This is an impeccable white from Foxen to drink now and over the next few years.” 90 Points Tanzer
Foxen Chardonnay 2013 ($34.99 During Tasting)
- “Outstanding with its pineapple, citrus, lime peel and seawater-like aromas and flavors flowing nicely to a medium-bodied, focused and racy style on the palate. Barrel-fermented and aged on its lees, it should drink nicely for 4-6 years after release. “ 92 Points Parker
Foxen Pinot Noir 2013 ($39.99 During Tasting)
- Bright red. Highly perfumed scents of spicy redcurrant, raspberry, fresh flowers and smoky minerals. Juicy red berry flavors pack a solid punch but come off as lithe. Brisk red berry skin and white pepper qualities dominate a long, lively finish firmed by dusty tannins.” 90 Points Vinuous
Foxen Blk 8 Pinot 2012 ($69.99 During Tasting)
- “Pure class, with fabulous purity of fruit and an elegant, seamless style. Exhibiting notions of sweet red fruits, crushed flowers and sweet spice, it shows the suppleness of the vintage, yet has solid richness, a layered, balanced feel and a terrific finish. Completely destemmed and aged 17 months in 50% new French oak, it’s an awesome Pinot Noir to drink over the coming 5-8 years.” 94 Points Parker
Foxen Cuvee Marie 2012 ($39.99 During Tasting)
- “The Grenache-based 2012 Cuvée Jeanne Marie Williamson-Doré Vineyard is floral, lifted and very pretty. Bright red berries meld into perfumed notes in a forward, fruit-driven wine to drink in its youth, while the flavors remain alive and expressive. This is yet another superb, polished wine from Foxen.” 93 Points Vinuous
Saturday, February 28th, 2015 3pm – 5pm – $15/person
The Portfolio Tasting
Paringa Sparkling Shiraz 2012 ($17.99 During Tasting)
- The palate is lively, refreshing and medium-bodied, comprising of sweet berry fruits, ripe plums and cassis, with hints of chocolate, molasses, caraway seed and fennel.
Salice Salentino 2008 ($19.99 During Tasting)
- Intense ruby-red in color, concentrated aromas of black cherries and baked red fruits complement undertones of plums, spices, vanilla, and anise. On the palate, velvety tannins and a full body frame the long, delectable finish of stewed strawberries and vanilla beans. 91 Points Tanzer
Bianchi Cabernet 2012 ($21.99 During Tasting)
- A classic Cabernet Sauvignon that can compete with the best from around the world, this wine has an intense red/purple color and an enjoyable, complex nose that is reminiscent of berries, spice, cedar, chocolate and much more. The nose carries through to the palate, delivering rich, full texture and berry-spicy-cedar flavors. It is a well balanced wine with lingering, pleasing cedar flavors.
Henry’s Drive Cab/Shiraz 2012 ($32.99 During Tasting)
- Glossy on the palate, it has layers of spicy blue and black fruits, ripe tannin, and excellent balance. What it may lack in complexity, it makes up for with in-your-face pure pleasure. 91 Points Wine Advocate
Pillar Box Shiraz 2012 ($21.99 During Tasting)
- The 2012 Pillar Box Shiraz expresses plum, violets and mocha aromas. The palate is elegant and is full of blackberry, licorice and spearmint flavors.
Three Rings Shiraz 2013 ($21.99 During Tasting)
- Expressive and powerful notes of dark and exotic berries leads to a full-bodied wine that has a palate of dark and rich chocolates, traces of tar, leather and spice, with a core of supple, yet immense, fruit-driven characteristics, with a flavor-wrapped finish towards the end of the palate. 92 Points Wine Spectator