We’ve selected some exotic, overlooked wines for this weekend’s tasting that will provide an exotic change-of-pace from the usual suspects.
Included in the selection are a Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, a French Gamay, an Argentine Bonarda and a luscious Italian blend. Please stop by and enjoy this flight of wines with our fine cheeses and snacks.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, June 13th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, June 14th, 2014 3pm-5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Featuring the “Hidden Gems Wine Tasting”
This weekends selections: $15.00
Benziger Chardonnay 2011 ($12.99 During Tasting)
- Has well-developed flavors, from long hang times that the cool growing season allowed. This vibrant, engaging wine is bursting with mouth-watering fruit and lively acid. Flavors of lemon, apple, pear and apricot pop on the palate, before subtle, creamy butter and meringue notes and a luscious, refreshing finish.
Patton Valley Pinot Noir 2012 ($19.99 During Tasting)
- Aromas of graphite, cherry crumble, coriander and rose petals grace the expressive bouquet of this Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. On the palate this wine exhibits flavors of brown sugar, red cherry and citrus rind with big, yet soft tannins. The wine finishes with a touch of acidity and a rich mouthfeel.”
Morgon Gamay 2005 ($21.99 During Tasting)
- A product of Burgundy, Beaujolais, notably Morgon and Moulin à Vent, can taste more and more like Pinot as they age, even though they are made exclusively from Gamay grapes. This vintage offers aromas of blackcurrant and raspberry, leading to pleasing fullness on the palate.
Tilia Bonardo 2011 ($10.99 During Tasting)
- The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannins and very good weight. There is an underlying minerality here, a sense of symmetry that is very satisfying. Light on its feet and pretty on the saline-tinged finish, this is a superb Argentine Bonarda.
Poggio Bonelli Tramonto 2005 ($42.99 During Tasting)
- The intense and persistent bouquet of red jams and spices (pepper, cinnamon) gives way to hints of tobacco and cocoa. Powerful tannins on the palate. Warm and savory on the ﬁnish. 85% Sangiovese, 15% Merlot.
See you this weekend!