“Let’s Go Cabbing Tasting”
It’s been a while since we’ve sampled a flight of Cabernet Sauvignon so let’s do it this weekend. We’ll open up with a lush Orogeny Russian River Chardonnay before moving into the reds.
The first Cab comes from Tuscany, a Tommasi Poggio al Tufo, followed by a Columbia Valley, Wash. Cab, our own favorite Press Cellars from Napa and we’ll cheat a bit with a Cab blend from Farrier in Sonoma.
Please join your host, Bill Callahan, and sample this interesting assortment of terrific wines served up with our usual fine fruits and cheeses.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, May 30th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, May 31st, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Featuring the “Let’s Go Cabbing Tasting”
This weekends selections: $15.00
Orogeny Chardonnay 2012 ($23.99 During Tasting)
- This Chardonnay shows the lushness and brightness typical of the Russian River Valley’s cool climate. Tropical peach-mango overtones are balanced with bright Meyer lemon flavors for a food-friendly wine.
Tommasi Poggio al Tufo Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 ($13.99 During Tasting)
- “Fragrant, with intense aromas and flavors of black currant, cherry and licorice, augmented by spice. Supple and balanced, delivering vibrant acidity and well-integrated tannins on the long finish.” - 91 Points Wine Spectator
Chateau St. Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 ($15.99 During Tasting)
- This winery always produced dependable Cabs and this one offers concentrated Washington red fruit in an accessible style. This is an inviting Cab with plenty of complexity and structure with silky tannins.
Press Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 ($32.99 During Tasting)
- This Howell Mountain Napa Valley appellation is positioned well above the fog, leveling out spikes in heat that tend to be more exaggerated at lower elevations which, translates into a rich diversity of complexity and flavor in your glass. Robust, yet smooth on the palate.
Farrier Presshouse 2009 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- Okay, we snuck a blend in and it’s terrific with a mix of Cab, Cabernet Franc and Merlot from Sonoma’s Alexander Valley. The nose immediately captures your attention: pencil shavings, sandalwood, dried orange rind and black currant over lush, ripe blueberry. Rich and tasty blackberry flavors.
See you this weekend!