For those of us in the business, Spain has long been thought of as the best wine value in the world. When you taste these selections and then look at the prices I think you will agree. We are covering some of the most important regions in Spain. Enjoy!
Wines of Spain Tasting Event
Friday, April 8th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
WINES OF SPAIN TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- Locations E3 (Orin Swift) – $19.99 (Glass Price: $9) If you judge wines on how they taste and the degree of pleasure they offer, they are all incredible efforts. The three new cuvees I tasted are among the finest wine values one could hope to find. 93 pts Parker!!
- Tarima Hill Old Vine Mouvedre – $29.99 (Glass Price: $14) This is a beautifully balanced wine revealing lots of blueberry liqueur, dark raspberries, cherries, a chalky minerality, full body, a big, substantial mouthfeel, and a meaty texture. 91 pts Parker!
- Tres Picos Garnacha – $19.99 (Glass Price: $9) Notes of kirsch liqueur, licorice, pepper and spice box, and a medium to full-bodied, richly fruity, sensual wine with beautiful finesse, complexity and purity. Sometimes Grenache can take on a complex, Pinot Noir-like sensitivity, and this cuvée appears to have done that. 90 pts Parker!!
- Juan Gil Monastrell (Mouvedre) - $14.99 (Glass Price: $7) It has a clean fresh nose of bilberry and blackberry that is well defined and elegant. The palate is medium-bodied with an attractive chewy entry. The acidity is pleasing – cutting a swath through the black fruit laced with licorice and damson. 92 pts Parker!
- Numanthia Termes Tempranillo – $21.99 (Glass Price: $10) There are some savory aromas mixing cured meat with the classical Tempranillo black raspberries, and some lactic and spice aromas (cola nut), with hints of granite and licorice. The palate shows good freshness within the ripe and powerful style of the zone. 90 pts Parker!
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Purchase 3 Bottles – Save 10%
Purchase a Case (12) – Save 15%
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99