The Great Finds Tasting”
Our guest host this week, Patrick Campbell, has a knack of finding off-the-beaten-track wines that are terrific bargains as well as being delicious. This weekend, while regular host Bill Callahan is away on vacation, the Tall Texan will offer some of the recent gems he has uncovered.
This hot spell cries for some tasty whites and we’ll start off with a Sensual – and that’s the right word for it – Argentinean Torrontes followed by a Cambria Chardonnay. The reds will include a Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir, a 2010 Napa Howell Mountain with which Patrick is intimately familiar and a robust McManus Petite Sirah. Please stop by and enjoy the company of your fellow tasters and Patrick, who will complement these fine wines with another varied assortment of cheeses and other goodies.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, September 5th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $15.00
Sensual Torrontes 2012 ($9.99 During Tasting)
- This delicious aromatic white wine from Argentina’s Mendoza district displays crisp citrus and spice flavors balanced by a zesty acidity. A delicious find for warm days on the river.
Cambria Chardonnay 2012 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- From the Central Coast winemaker’s Katherine’s Vineyard: “Bright and juicy with citrus, stone fruit and tropical notes; lush and ripe, creamy and long, balanced and rich.” – 91 Points Wine Enthusiast
Siduri Pinot Noir 2012 ($26.99 During Tasting)
- Another Santa Lucia Highlands winner: Elegant, fresh and pure on the palate, with great acidity, it offers beautiful spice, floral and cherry and darker berry flavors and aromas. – 91 Points Robert Parker
Press Cellars Napa Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 ($33.99 During Tasting)
- The Press has a velvety mouthfeel and features fine concentration to its dark berry flavors. The tannins gain momentum on the midpalate and are supple and solid and grip the finish. Wines from Howell Mountain are outrageously massive and age-worthy. Robert Parker noted that HM Cabs may be the world’s best!
McManis Petite Sirah 2012 ($11.99 During Tasting)
- The wine is substantial, yet has a rich, soft creamy texture of mocha. Very elegant and full of ripe black fruit flavors of blackberry and blueberry. These fruit flavors are savored in the lingering mouthwatering finish.
See you this weekend!