Caymus Vineyards Pinot Noir Event!
Despite being raised in the cellars of Napa Cabernet icon Caymus Vineyards, Joe Wagner nonetheless decided that Pinot Noir was his calling. His father Chuck taught him the realities of the field work and hose dragging that go into the guts of winemaking, so he wasn’t walking into the Pinot challenge wearing blinders.
The combination of paying attention and having good teachers has enabled Joe to create one of the most successful Pinot Noir brands in the world.
This weekend we’ll try the new vintages of the Caymus family Pinot Noirs ~ Meiomi, Belle Glos, and the new Oregon project Elouan, along with their Conundrum blends.
Join us for this incredible tasting!
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, April 10th, 2015 5pm – 7pm – $20/person
Saturday, April 11th, 2015 3pm-5pm – $15/person
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Caymus Vineyards Pinot Noirs
Caymus Conundrum White ($24.99 During Tasting)
- Really a unique wine—fragrant and juicy and unlike anything else out there. It’s a secret recipe in the sense they won’t share percentages of what makes the wine up, but they do confirm that it’s a blend of five grapes: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Muscat Canelli, Viognier and Sémillon.
Elouan Pinot Noir ($27.99 During Tasting)
- Elouan Pinot Noir emulates the successful sourcing philosophy introduced with Meiomi: blending the top Pinot Noir regions together for a richer, more complex style than what you could achieve by sourcing from one small area. In this instance, the grapes are grown in the great Oregon Valleys. The diversity of these cool climate areas elongates the growing season, developing intense structure, while maintaining a vibrant acidity to differentiate it from any California Pinot Noir.
Meiomi Pinot Noir ($24.99 During Tasting)
- Meiomi is a Pinot Noir that gets its fruit from the most noteworthy coastal areas in California. The wine is crafted, lush, balanced and luxurious. Three of California’s most sought after coastal growing regions, Sonoma, Monterey, and Santa Barbara, brilliantly meld together in this deeply flavored, stylish and truly balanced Pinot Noir; at its most fundamental core, it is an approachable, food friendly wine with a style and place all its own.
Belle Glos Pinot Noir ($44.99 During Tasting)
- The depth of flavor here is notable and impressive with an extra lift of backbone. Red and black fruits, cinnamon, dark chocolate and spice are dialed right up on the intensity meter.
Caymus Conundrum Red Blend ($24.99 During Tasting)
- The latest Conundrum is exactly what it was intended to be: a versatile, easy drinking red that’s still stylish. Cherries and chocolate with some dried berry notes that round out nicely on the finish.
We hope to see you out this weekend!