Over the last six months as your tasting host I’ve been fortunate enough to sample some wonderful wines that have turned out to be personal favorites and I’m proud to share them with you this weekend in our weekly gathering.
We’ll start off with an absolutely sensational Talbott Cuvee Audrey Chardonnay that won a 95-point rating from Robert Parker. Then, we’ll taste a Couer de Terre Willamette Valley Pinot Noir, from what was widely considered Oregon’s greatest vintage in 2008.
Next will be a William Hill Central Coast Merlot, a Domaine Font Sarade Vacqueyras Rhone blend, and a Stolpman Santa Ynez Syrah that Robert Parker also raved about. We’ll wrap up with a Rombauer Zinfandel. I think they’re all fun wines so please join me and see if you find any new favorites.
– Bill Callahan
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, February 21st, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, February 22nd, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Featuring the “Let’s Have Fun” Tasting
This weekends selections: $15.00
Talbott Monterey Cuvee Audrey 2011 ($59.99 During Tasting)
- A delicious Chardonnay with heady, complex scents of candied peach, vanilla, anise and iodine, with a smoky element. – 95 Points Robert Parker
Coeur de Terre Willamette Valley Pinot Noir 2008 ($29.99 During Tasting)
- This vintage is widely considered Oregon’s best and this smooth, focused offering was described by Wine Spectator as one of “10 Exciting Oregon Reds.”
William Hill Estate Central Coast Merlot 2012 ($13.99 During Tasting)
- A bold Merlot with aromas of blackberry, black cherry and toasty oak that set the stage for a palate of decadent black cherry, pepper and chocolate.
Domaine Font Sarade Vacqueyras 2007 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- An elegant, precise Rhone blend with sweet raspberry and candied cherry flavors, supple texture and good mineral lift. – 89 Points International Wine Cellar
Stolpman Syrah Santa Ynez Valley 2011 ($26.99 During Tasting)
- “Exhibiting pretty raspberry, flowers, violets, herbes de Provence and licorice, this medium-bodied, finesse oriented Syrah has good to moderate concentration and silky tannin.” – 90 Points Robert Parker
Rombauer Zinfandel 2011 ($20.99 During Tasting)
- Always a quality zin label, this Rombauer is dark red in color with a ruby hue and offers bursting aromas of ripe cranberries, blackberries and crushed raspberries.
See you all this weekend!