This week we welcome Catherine Uzeta of Monterey Bay Imports to the El Cajon wine bar. Catherine will be pouring her favorite wines for our enjoyment, including Carol Shelton, Robert Goyette, and Hestan wines!
Hestan Stephanie Cabernet was awarded 96 points from Wine Enthusiast, and we’re anxiously looking forward to trying that!
Robert Goyette was co-founder of the famous La Crema winery, and also made wine at Chalk Hill and Benziger.
Carol Shelton is widely cited as the most awarded winemaker in the United States. She has won countless medals for her wines and has been honored as Winemaker of the Year numerous times.
Hope to see you out here!
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting:
Friday, June 28th, 2013 – 5pm – 7pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weeks selections:
Carol Shelton Rendezvous Rose 2012 (Regularly $15.99) $13.99 Tonight
- Light cranberry color, juicy strawberry-watermelon fruit aromas, nice mineral, with a hint of pink grapefruit. Refreshingly crisp and dry. Great with almost any food, from sushi to salmon to BBQ!
Carol Shelton Coquille Blanc 2010 (Regularly $24.99) $19.99 Tonight
- Exotic nose of spicy pears and white peaches, almond paste/marzipan, a touch of honeysuckle perfume. Multidimensional (many layers), a hard-to-describe range of aromatics, intriguing, almost mysterious! In the mouth it is crisply dry yet creamy and round and full-bodied, nice almond paste on crisp-yet-juicy pear fruit.
Carol Shelton Wild Thing Zin 2010 (Regularly $21.99) $18.99 Tonight
- Aromas of black cherry, plum and raspberry fruit combine with a beautiful hint of vanilla-oak loveliness, smoothly textured in mouth, very creamy and round, the finish is long and has lush jammy fruit — this wine is dangerously good! Remember – you are what you drink ….
Robert Goyette Cabernet 2010 (Regularly $21.99) $18.99 Tonight
- Bob was the founder of the La Crema Winery. Following La Crema, Bob had a stint as assistant winemaker at Chalk Hill Winery before landing at Benziger Family Winery.
Stephanie Cabernet 2008 (Regularly $54.99) $46.99 Tonight
- A blockbuster new Cabernet blend from Hestan Vineyards. Usually only available to mailing list members, we have a small amount of this tiny production Cabernet while our allocation lasts! 96 Points – Wine Enthusiast