Okay, it’s a stretch, but go a few rounds with me this weekend starting with a Talbott Kali Hart (sounds like ‘hurt,’ get it?) Chardonnay and a Talbot Sleepy Hollow Vineyard Pinot Noir (when you get knocked out you get sleepy and everything is noir!)
An Uppercut Napa cabernet sauvignon is self-explanatory but the Antucura’s Malbec sounds like ‘left hook’ to me. A Mollydooker “The Boxer” Shiraz fits right in followed by a Foxglove (yes, glove) Zinfandel.
Am I punch-drunk? Sure, from a solid card of wines. Please join me this weekend. –
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, March 7th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, March 8th, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Featuring a “Boxing-Themed Tasting”
This weekends selections: $15.00
Talbott Kali Chardonnay 2012 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- Aromas of fresh pear and melon. This wine’s balance of richness and energy makes it highly flexible with food and easy to drink by itself. – 89 Points Tanzer
Talbott Logan Pinot Noir 2012 ($21.99 During Tasting)
- Know for their Chardonnays, this Monterey winery has been coming on in recent years with quality Pinot Noirs like this tasty offering.
Uppercut Napa Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- The perfect match for a sizzling steak. Well-structured tannins give this wine the backbone to stand up to boldly flavored foods, as well as a plush texture.
Antucura Malbec 2012 ($14.99 During Tasting)
- Springy berry character, generous bodied, a moderate-alcohol style wine with lively freshness. Smooth tannins lead the finish to the bright fruit tastes.
Foxglove Paso Robles Zinfandel 2012 ($13.99 During Tasting)
- Deep ruby red, on the nose this wine exhibits lifted notes of dark cherry, plum and expresso bean. In the mouth ample flavors of cassis, cinnamon and nutmeg dominate. – 91 Points Tanzer
Mollydooker “The Boxer” Shiraz 2012 ($25.99 During Tasting)
- ”Deep garnet-purple in color, The Boxer Shiraz opens with tons of intense chocolate, vanilla and spice intermingling with an aromatic core of ripe and berry preserves. Very big, full and rich.” – 89 Points Robert Parker
See you all this weekend!