This week we welcome Jordana Grant of Young’s Market Company to the Harvest Ranch El Cajon tasting. Jordy, as she is known to her friends, will be pouring a selection of gems from her portfolio for your tasting pleasure.
Young’s Market began in 1888, as a grocery market in Southern California, and is one of the longest continually operating businesses in the US. They eventually dropped the groceries and focused on their growing beverage business. It has grown from a relatively small local distributor servicing Southern California to the fourth largest wine and spirits distributor in the United States.
With a distributor of this size, there are wine choices galore, and we think you will be very impressed with Jordy’s picks!
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting:
Friday, June 14th, 2013 – 5pm – 7pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weeks selections:
Joel Gott Sauvignon Blanc (Regularly $12.99) $10.99 Tonight
- “Honeysuckle and peach blossom aromatics are intriguing, giving way to honeydew melon, Key lime pie and peach flavors, with a vividly bright and very refreshing acidity.” 89 Points – Wine Spectator
Butternut Chardonnay 2011 (Regularly $14.99) $12.99 Tonight
- The 2011 Butternut is a wine that lives up to its name. It has round, creamy notes, hints of hazelnut and a finish that doesn’t want to quit. Grapes from the regions of Napa, Santa Lucia and Arroyo Seco in Monterey broaden the flavor profile of Butternut. The Butternut spent 14 months on 100 percent new French Oak.
Chocolate Box Shiraz 2010 (Regularly $19.99) $16.99 Tonight
- Rich and ripe, bursting with cherry, floral and, yes, chocolate flavors, this is dark and dense as it drives through the long, deftly framed finish. Shows power, but ultimately comes off as graceful. 90 Points – Wine Spectator
The Rule Cabernet 2010 (Regularly $19.99) $16.99 Tonight
- Aromas of black cherries and red raspberries, as well as vanilla and toasty oak. On the palate, the Rule has a silky, round mouth feel and a long finish with mild tannins. Tony Leonardini, of the Whitehall Lane family, is the winemaker. (Hint: ask Jordy where the grapes are from)
Sebastiani Secolo 2007 (Regularly $34.99) $29.99 Tonight
- Rich and creamy, with up-front tiers of toasty oak, supple plum and blackberry that show touches of mineral and tobacco. Full-bodied, ending with a long, persistent finish.
We hope to see you at the tasting.