“The Columbia Winery Tasting”
The state of Washington has consistently turned out quality, budget-friendly wines and this week’s tasting will provide yet another example of those positive factors as we sample a variety of wines from Columbia Winery.
For more than 50 years, Columbia Winery has taken a progressive approach to winemaking after being founded in 1962 by a visionary group of 10 friends, six of whom were University of Washington professors, who realized the potential of growing wine in Washington, which is in the same latitude as Europe’s best winegrowing regions.
On tap this weekend are Columbia’s latest Chardonnay, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and red blend as well as another Washington red blend from Novelty Hill.
Please stop by and join your host, Bill Callahan, and sip these wines with our usual tasty assortment of cheeses, crackers, fruits and meats.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, October 31st, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, November 1st, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $15.00
Columbia Winery Chardonnay 2013 ($15.99 During Tasting)
- There are bright aromas of pear, apple and hints of tropical fruits that extend to the palate. A balanced acidity and integrated sweet vanilla oak notes create an elegant Chardonnay that is distinctly Northwest.
Columbia Winery Merlot 2013 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- This wine offers enticing aromas of cherry and plum with a hint of violet that continues to the palate, where they are joined by pronounced notes of toasty oak, vanilla and hints of mocha that wind up rich and plush in the mouth.
Columbia Winery Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- French and American oak were used to create well-integrated flavors and a rich mouth feel. It has aromas of ripe black currant, plum and cedar. This full-bodied wine features ripe dark fruit flavors of blackberry and black currant layered with notes of toasty oak and cocoa.
Columbia Winery Composition Red Blend ($15.99 During Tasting)
- Crafted from several vintages with most from 2011, this is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah – a grape the winery introduced to Washington. Rich and medium-bodied, this wine has blackberry aromas and ripe red fruit flavors of cranberry, cherry and plum framed by hints of spicy oak.
Novelty Hill Royal Slope Red 2010 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- A blend of 37% Merlot, 23% Syrah, 18% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Sangiovese, 5% Petit Verdot, 4% Cabernet Franc and 3% Grenache this is a full-bodied Columbia Valley wine with delicious layers of fresh blackberry, ripe plum and a hint of clove woven around a black cherry core that coats the palate.
See you this weekend!