The Dueling Cabs Tasting
International prestige is on the line this weekend as we sample three nice Cabernet Sauvignons from around the world that provide you an opportunity to taste different styles of wine from the same grape that all have earned stellar reviews from the critics.
We’ll start off as we usually do with a white to cool off and this week it’s a frisky Columbia Valley Riesling followed by a Santa Lucia Highlands Pinot Noir that we had to squeeze in because it’s so good.
Argentina will weigh in first in the Cab competition with a 2010 Crios Mendoza followed by a Napa Valley Cab from Avalon and a smooth Italian from Tuscany.
We invite you to stop by and enjoy these excellent wines that are discounted for the events and join your fellow tasters and another varied assortment of cheeses and other goodies with your host, Bill Callahan.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, October 10th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, October 11th, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $15.00
Kung Fu Girl Riesling 2013 ($11.49 During Tasting)
- This cool-weather Washington Riesling features lovely, expressive and vibrant aromas and flavors of apple, lime and citrus blossoms with a nice off-dry finish. — A Wine Spectator Best Value.
Siduri Pinot Noir 2012 ($25.49 During Tasting)
- An intriguing combination of ripe, sexy fruit underpinned by firm structure. Bright red stone fruits, flowers and sweet spices are woven together beautifully. This is a terrific Santa Lucia Highlands pinot. – 91 Points Robert Parker
Crios Cabernet Sauvignon 2010 ($15.99 During Tasting)
- Grapes from Argentina’s Mendoza District form a wine that is thick, dense & tannic with toasted blackberry and herbal aromas and cassis and blackberry & herbs flavors on the palate. Ripe red fruits with nice balance.
Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- This Napa Valley cab was crafted from grapes showing the combination of power from the region’s mountains and finesse from its valley, revealing layers of red cherries and blackberries, backed by vanilla and toasted oak. — Another Wine Spectator Best Buy.
Tommasi Poggio al Tufo Cabernet Sauvignon 2011 ($14.99 During Tasting)
- We dare you to find a better valued cab than this Tuscan offering. “”Fragrant, with intense aromas and flavors of black currant, cherry and licorice, augmented by spice. Supple and balanced, delivering vibrant acidity and well-integrated tannins on the long finish. — 91 Pts Wine Spectator
See you this weekend!