This time of the year we’re frequently asked for suggestions about a great wine to bring to a holiday party that won’t break the bank. We’ve assembled a flight of wines that fit that description to a T and will delight any party host.
The Chardonnay crowd will love the zesty flavors of Hess Select’s Monterey grapes and we’ll follow that up with a terrific Miura Pinot Noir, a delicious Enamore from Argentina, a Santa Barbara Tensley Syrah and an Australian 90-point rated Dead Letter Office Shiraz.
Whether buying for a party or yourself we think you’ll agree these are great values so join your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will provide a tasty spread of cheeses, crackers and meats to accompany these fine wines.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, December 12th, 2014 5pm – 7pm – $20/person
Saturday, December 13th, 2014 3pm – 5pm – $15/person
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Hess Select Chardonnay 2013 ($10.49 During Tasting)
- Brisk afternoon breezes keep temperatures cool in Monterey vineyards and from those grapes comes a fresh, tasty Chardonnay offering tropical and citrus flavors of pineapple, mango, lemon zest and lime.
Miura Monterey Country Pinot Noir 2012 ($27.99 During Tasting)
- We quickly sold out of the single-vineyard Miura and this blend offers similar robust tastes at a more affordable price. Fresh, pure and supple with soft edges and elegant nuances offering tastes of bright strawberries and raspberries.
Allegrini Renacer Enamore red blend 2011 ($25.49 During Tasting)
- An absolutely delicious blend of Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon and Bonarda from Argentina’s Mendoza vineyards fashioned after the grapes are partially dried in arid winds increasing the aromas and flavors.
Tensley Syrah 2013 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- Another of our favorites from the past year, this wine features grapes from Santa Barbara’s climate of mild days and cool nights leading to a wine with bold fruit flavors of raspberry, red plum and jammy blackberry.
Henry’s Drive Dead Letter Office Shiraz 2008 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- An Australian bombshell with intense ripe plum, blackberry and kirsch aromas with some pencil shavings and chocolate, this full-bodied Shiraz is well structured with crisp acid and medium-firm fine grained tannins. – 90 Points Wine Advocate
See you this weekend!