“The Change of Seasons Tasting”
Well, after a week off to enjoy the holidays we’re back at it with a flight of wines chosen to reflect the seasonal shift from fall to winter with an emphasis on more robust wines.
Our opening white will be a dry, medium-bodied Venetian Pinot Grigio with lots of flavor followed by a California Central Coast Pinot Noir and the star of the show, a 93-point-rated Haywood ’09 Los Chamizal Cabernet Sauvignon from the Sonoma foothills.
Next up will be our own Harvest Ranch Cellars Familia Solano County Zinfandel-based red blend followed by a not-for-the-meek Bianchi Paso Robles Petite Sirah.
Please join your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will provide a tasty spread of cheeses, crackers and meats to accompany these fine wines.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, December 5th, 2014 5pm – 7pm
Saturday, December 6th, 2014 3pm – 5pm
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
This weekends selections: $20.00
Allegrini Pinot Grigio 2013 ($13.99 During Tasting)
- A dry, medium-bodied Venetian white that is light and delicate on the nose, characterized by a subtle elegant floral nuance followed by hints of golden delicious apples and distinctive vegetal notes. Tangy and satisfying.
Sean Minor Pinot Noir 2012 ($13.99 During Tasting)
- Central Coast grapes offer aromas of cherry, strawberry, and raspberry fruit with a hint of earthy notes. On the palate, the Pinot offers bright flavors of strawberry and cherry combined with hints of tobacco. The bright acidity combined with sweet oak results in a lingering finish.
Haywood Los Chamizal Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 ($46.99 During Tasting)
- Gapes from a small valley in the hills of Sonoma produce a ripe, opulent cab with rich, juicy plum blackberry and wild berry flavors showing touches of licorice, spice, cedar and light, dusty earth. – 93 Points Wine Spectator
Harvest Ranch Familia red blend 2012 ($15.49 During Tasting)
- Like a family unit, the components of our Zinfandel, Petite Sirah, Syrah, Gamay and Cabernet Solano County grapes complement each other in a robust wine with aromas of cedar and berries and red plum and dark cherry flavors.
Bianchi Petite Sirah 2009 ($18.99 During Tasting)
- Wines from Bianchi fashioned from Paso Robles grapes have always been a favorite with our tasters and this is a deep, dark, earthy-coffee, blackberry jam Petite Sirah that is bold and vigorous.
See you this weekend!