The California Tasting
Let’s sample a flight of wines from some of the most popular growing regions across the Golden State that offer up nice examples of just how varied and luscious the state’s wines can be.
This week’s highly rated wines range from the north’s Napa Spring Mountain – with a classic Cabernet Sauvignon — and Sonoma to the cooler Central Coast regions of Monterey and Santa Barbara, home to a terrific Andrew Murray Syrah.
We think you’ll find these wines quite enjoyable so please join your fellow tasters and host Bill Callahan, who will provide an assortment of cheeses, crackers and meats to accompany these fine wines.
Harvest Ranch El Cajon Wine Tasting Event:
Friday, January 23rd, 2015 5pm – 7pm – $20/person
Saturday, January 24th, 2015 3pm – 5pm – $15/person
759 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
Acacia Chardonnay 2012 ($22.99 During Tasting)
- Appealing citrus-laced flavors from Sonoma grapes of fresh and baked apple, ripe d’Anjou pear and white nectarine punctuated by Meyer lemon zest, honeycomb, ginger spice and crème brûlée. This wine offers luscious texture and bright, balanced acidity.
Talbott Kali Hart Pinot Noir 2012 ($16.99 During Tasting)
- This Monterey Pinot features bright fruit aromas of cranberry, currant and plum, as well as hints of vanilla. The crisp red fruit flavors continue on the palate, accentuated by soft, smooth tannins. The finish is long with lush fruit and hints of vanilla and French oak.
Eponymous Cabernet Sauvignon 2009 ($29.99 During Tasting)
- Grapes from prime Napa hillside vineyards were fashioned into a wine rich in black cherry jam, mocha and toasty oak on the palate. It offers the firm tannins rich flavors that give a Mount Veeder Cabernet its noticeable characteristics. – 90 Points Wine Enthusiast
Hess Select Treo Winemaker’s Blend 2011 ($10.99 During Tasting)
- A tasty blend from selected vineyards across California featuring Syrah, Petite Sirah and Merlot with a touch of sweetness from ripe, dark fruit accented by a big impression of Bing cherries and ripe plums with soft and inviting tannins.
Andrew Murray Syrah 2013 ($14.99 During Tasting)
- A bold and balanced, rich and smooth, fruit-forward and earthy wine from Santa Barbara grapes that is impossibly dark and full-bodied. Aroma and flavor dominated by black cherry, raspberry and toasted oak. – 93 Points Wine Enthusiast
See you this weekend!