Here’s your chance to compare the differences in how the same grapes produce such distinctly different wines from one country to the next. Is one better than the other? You decide where your preferences lie. You may be surprised at what your taste buds tell you.
California vs France Tasting Event
Friday, April 1st, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
CALIFORNIA VS FRANCE WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- Ch. De Costis Bordeaux Rouge – $9.99 (Glass Price: $4) By far our most popular red Bordeaux! The wine shows tons of lush berry fruit with a velvety smooth finish. Very fun drinking.
- The Pairing Red Blend – $24.99 (Glass Price: $11) Wine is superb. Supple, radiant and expressive, the 2012 graces the palate with exquisite dark fruit, mocha, plums, spices, raspberry jam and dark spices. Readers will have a hard time keeping their hands off this supremely delicious red blend. 92 pts Galloni!
- Danjean-Berthoux Givry La Plante Burgundy – $25.99 (Glass Price: $12) The terroir yields reds that are capable of firm structure but typically show very high toned aromatics of violet, cloves and delicate red cherry notes that make them the perfect pairing for many delicate meals.
- Talley Pinot Noir – $35.99 (Glass Price: $16) A pretty, balanced wine that has beautiful fruit and solid complexity. Sweet red cherries, strawberry, dried spices and plenty of underbrush round out this medium-bodied, supple effort. 91 points Parker!
- Sang des Cailloux Vacqueyras Rhone – $34.99 (Glass Price: $16) The wine exhibits elegant berry fruit notes intermixed with roasted herb, pepper, cedarwood, new saddle leather and spice. Medium to full bodies and silky textured.
- Dragonette Seven – $32.99 (Glass Price: $15) It has beautiful richness, medium to full bodied palate with complex aromas and flavors of cassis, blackberry, chocolate wild herbs and plenty of spice. This nicely balanced, textured effort is great tonight!
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Purchase 3 Bottles – Save 10%
Purchase a Case (12) – Save 15%
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99