Summertime has us reaching for refreshment ~ cold whites, of course, but I just can’t give up my reds. (Hence, the popularity of Rose?) But I still crave my reds. In that light, I thought I’d share some favorite warm weather wines, both red and white wines. It’s no wonder they’re all European, as some of the best thirst quenchers have the bracing acidity and incredible structure they’re known for.
European Wine Tasting Event
Friday, August 19th, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
EUROPEAN WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- Kentia Albarino - $13.99 (Glass Price: $5) Aromas of lemon pith, pear skin and melon. Juicy and broad on the palate with deep pit and orchard fruit flavors. 90 points V
- Givry 1er Cru Burgundy - $26.99 (Glass Price: $10) If you love white Burgundy, you’ll flip for this Premier Cru at this incredible price!
- Cote de Nuits Villages - $29.99 (Glass Price: $10) When it comes to exceptional quality/price wines, the Domaine Gaston & Pierre Ravaut is a must-have. Concentrated and rich in color, this wine offers excellent balance, poised all the way through the finish.
- Marchesi di Gresy Barbaresco - $49.99 (Glass Price: $20) The quintessential “Rose in a fisted glove”, Barbaresco looks delicate and light, but hits with power and finishes extremely long. Crushed flowers, mint, bright red berries are all nicely delineated in this pretty, nuanced Barbaresco. 90 points V
- Chateau des Jacques Morgon - $22.99 (Glass Price: $8) Known by Somms as the “in” thing now, Beaujolais is the ugly stepson of Burgundy.
Built for anyone who loves wine, the 2012 Château des Jacques Morgan is a substantial cru Beaujolais; expansive and long and most satisfying, a super alternative to Pinot Noir in this price range.
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99
See you Friday night!