Granted “organic” is a real buzzword in selling many products but in the farming industry it is a life style. These farmers aren’t concerned about what the public buys, they are concerned with saving mother Earth and doing the right thing in farming. Organic grapes have no bearing on good or great wine, there are plenty of bad organic wines. We think you’ll agree, these selections are not those!
Organic Wine Tasting Event
Friday, July 22nd, 2016 – 5pm to 7pm
Tasting Cost: $25
ORGANIC WINE TASTING:
Here are the wines we have selected to share with you.
- Pacific Redwood Merlot - $12.99 (Glass Price: $5) Wonderfully fruit forward style with blueberry and blackberry flavors. Made with no added sulfites or other synthetic preservatives.
- Frey Field Blend - $19.99 (Glass Price: $8) Very flavorful with hints of blackberry, meat, pepper and licorice. Frey makes only organic and biodynamic wines. Very good quality.
- Frog’s Leap Zinfandel - $29.99 (Glass Price: $12) This was the first certified organic winery in Napa Valley almost 30 years ago! Today they use NO water (all dry farmed). Bursting berry flavors with great depth and complexity. Delicious.
- Bonterra Cabernet Sauvignon - $11.99 (Glass Price: $5) A big, bright Cab with flavors of raspberry, vanilla and toasted oak. Well structured and polished. A great value in Cabernet.
- Volver Tarima Hill Monestrell - $19.99 (Glass Price: $12) Made from 100% old vine Mourvedre these organically farmed vineyards are very high and produce wine with gobs of blueberry and dark cherry flavors. Big, substantial and meaty. 91 pts Parker
Special Event Bottle Pricing:
Save 10% off any 3 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
Save 15% off any 12 bottles from tonight’s tasting.
NOTE: If you purchase a case of wine (12 bottles) we will refund your $25.00 tasting fee on top of the 15% discount.
Charcuterie Pricing: (Cold Meat/Cheese Trays)
Small Plate $9.99
Large Plate $14.99